Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 01:31 PM

679 posts, read 661,206 times

Advertisements

The issues regarding gay marriage and other things better.

Time to time I see many conservatives complaining about gay people and their "influence" on society and politics.

I ask you all why? You say you are supporters of freedom than why do you oppose gays being married legally? I mean you can raise your family to think it is wrong, is that not good enough? Why must you enforce laws to but into other people's lives? Isn't the USA about personal freedom and the individual?

Not only gay marriage but many other social issues too.

Why can't most conservatives butt out of people's social lives? They say they support individual freedom but get shakey when it comes to social issues that are not viewed positively by Christians.

Keep economic related matters out of this thread please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 01:40 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
The same needs to be said about Liberals. They need to stop pushing their agenda on everyone. Nobody is against gays having some sort of union, maybe you should realize this. It's the MARRIAGE title that some don't like, but the gay community wants to get people's panties in a bunch by demanding it be called marriage instead of something else like a CIVIL UNION.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:46 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
I believe those pursuing a gay agenda are going about it the wrong way, using wrong ideas and getting bad results. I don't support gay marriage but could NOT care what any two consenting adults choose to do with one another. I don't really support any kind of marriage at all, but will save that for another day.

I do support a civil union between any two consenting adults, licensed by a county and sworn by a magistrate (or other legal representative). That union would provide the commitment of responsibility, as well as shared benefits of opportunity.

If any of those consenting adults choose to have something called marriage then they can have their Church, or Grand Poo-Bah or Alien Gargoyle to perform whatever ceremony satisfies the quest for satisfaction. You know, the stuff for the cameras.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:47 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Homosexual rights are NOT about marriage. It's about forcing the ideal of male/male sex into the psyche of every American to the point that the masses finally agree that male/male sex is right, natural, and normal. That's the goal. Homosexual marriage is but a sideshow to the Real Gay Agenda that homosexuality will be synonymous with "moral" as soon as Gay-Anything becomes legal.

Remember....if it's legal, then its moral in Liberal Land.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:49 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Homosexual rights are NOT about marriage. It's about pushing the ideal of male/male sex into the psyche of every American to the point that the masses finally agree that male/male sex is right, natural, and normal. Homosexual marriage is but a sideshow to the Real Gay Agenda.
This about sums it right up!

Old 11-21-2011, 01:50 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
What saltywater said. You are not dealing with actual conservatives here, you are dealing with right wing authoritarians, in other words, fascists.

Sadly they seem to have a lot of sway in what would otherwise be a functional and necessary conservative party. More than any other group except their extreme left wing counterparts (communists), they are slaves to ideology and blind to any reality that isn't comfortably familiar to them.

Case in point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The same needs to be said about Liberals. They need to stop pushing their agenda on everyone. Nobody is against gays having some sort of union, maybe you should realize this. It's the MARRIAGE title that some don't like, but the gay community wants to get people's panties in a bunch by demanding it be called marriage instead of something else like a CIVIL UNION.
Here we have a typical social conservative rant. It starts with the allegation that liberals do the same thing (which is far from true). Then it does what they always do - my personal favorite tactic - they allege that (gasp) gays have an AGENDA. The A word. Oh my. The gays want something. How dare they. They have a plan. OMG it's a conspiracy. And so on.

Of course the gays have an agenda. EVERYONE has an agenda. What the hidden message here is this: GAYS are NOT ALLOWED to have an agenda, but THEY are.

Never mind that married gays will have a right under the First Amendment to call their "union" whatever the hell they like.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:51 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Default Some Libs need to understand...

Everybody has a right to their beliefs and opinions.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:52 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
Quote:
Homosexual rights are NOT about marriage.
Of course they are. It's a straight up equal protection claim. That it might annoy homophobes is just icing on the cake.

Quote:
It's about forcing the ideal of male/male sex into the psyche of every American to the point that the masses finally agree that male/male sex is right, natural, and normal. Homosexual marriage is but a sideshow to the Real Gay Agenda.
OMG they have an agenda? You mean they think their way of living is fine and they want the oppotunity to participate in the marketplace of ideas like everyone else?

So the **** what! Welcome to America. Been here long?

Legal and moral are two different things. If you knew me personally, you'd see that my life is a lot like a Norman Rockwell painting. I am VERY conservative on a personal level.

I just also know it's not my prerogative to get the government to force people to act like I do.

Legal doesn't mean it's moral. it means it's none of my business, and none of the government's business.

And none of your business.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:56 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Yes, by the same token liberals seek to use the public education system to force their beliefs about homosexuality down everyones throats (pun intended). Why can't liberals butt out (pun again intended) and allow some form of school vouchers so that parents can decide whether they want their 6-yr-old to read 'Heather has two mommies.'

My view is pretty much identical to that of SourD, but I would trade legalized gay marriage for legalized school vouchers in a hummingbird's heartbeat. How about it OP?

Old 11-21-2011, 01:59 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Homosexual rights are NOT about marriage. It's about forcing the ideal of male/male sex into the psyche of every American to the point that the masses finally agree that male/male sex is right, natural, and normal. That's the goal. Homosexual marriage is but a sideshow to the Real Gay Agenda that homosexuality will be synonymous with "moral" as soon as Gay-Anything becomes legal.

Remember....if it's legal, then its moral in Liberal Land.

Agreed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies