Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:21 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,757,364 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I found this site and not sure how legit it is:

How to beat a speeding ticket (or at least better your chances)

I was on my way to class and I commute 50 minutes to class and was almost crying to the officer that I am a struggling college student. The officer was rude to me and said I was on narcotics and I was not and refused to hear my plees. And he had a cop come and talk to me because he said I was annoying. He didnt even say he was sorry for me or anything. The cop said to tell the judge my story of my financial hardship and I know that won't work.

So I read this article and I guess I can meet with the officer since I am a tax payer. And I can also call him and write letters.

I need as much help possible thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 07:25 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,314 times
Dumb question but why should he feel sorry for you? Lots of struggling college students make it to school every day without speeding. I guess I am not sure why you feel you should be felt sorry for?

Also, small tip for the future. Leave earlier in order to make it on time.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:34 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,898 times
lol @ that article, here's one easy step to get out of a speeding ticket - don't speed :P

and I'm not saying that to sound preachy, I'm guilty of speeding too, but unless it was for something like getting to the hospital to see a loved one before they die, I'm just gonna own up to it.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Dumb question but why should he feel sorry for you? Lots of struggling college students make it to school every day without speeding. I guess I am not sure why you feel you should be felt sorry for?

Also, small tip for the future. Leave earlier in order to make it on time.
Try leaving earlier at six or six thirty and driving an hour to school with parents who dont respect you enough to always be quiet.

Any suggestions on this?

Old 11-21-2011, 07:38 PM

I decided I want to write a letter to this officer. Any advice?

Old 11-21-2011, 07:40 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,099,797 times
Fight it if you want, but if you're guilty, you should suffer the consequences.

I got a lot of tickets in my youth, and every one of them was legit. I paid all the fines, and didn't have a problem doing it, even when it was a major financial difficulty.

My advice is to save the time, pay the fine and slow down.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:40 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Try leaving earlier at six or six thirty and driving an hour to school with parents who dont respect you enough to always be quiet.

Any suggestions on this?

So what is the alternative? Speeding everyday and possibly hurting yourself or someone else? It sucks I am sure but when I went to college in Miami, I had my first class at 6:00 am and while I only lived 10 miles away, with Miami traffic I would have to leave an hour before class started to get there in time and be able to park and get to class on time. Of course I also worked two jobs so I didn't have to live with anyone else to aggravate me with their noise.

I don't know how old you are but you seem young. Hate to tell you but life isn't going to get any easier. Hang in there.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:42 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,856,133 times
The cops here have been having problems because they have not fully identified their guns or equipment used in determining your speed. Seems if they don't fully identify it. people have been getting the tickets thrown out. Good luck.

I find the mentality that cops should give us outrageous tickets in order that a city can meet its budget to be vulgar.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:44 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,595 times
Quote:
Okay, so I found this site and not sure how legit it is:

How to beat a speeding ticket (or at least better your chances)

I was on my way to class and I commute 50 minutes to class and was almost crying to the officer that I am a struggling college student. The officer was rude to me and said I was on narcotics and I was not and refused to hear my plees. And he had a cop come and talk to me because he said I was annoying. He didnt even say he was sorry for me or anything. The cop said to tell the judge my story of my financial hardship and I know that won't work.

So I read this article and I guess I can meet with the officer since I am a tax payer. And I can also call him and write letters.

I need as much help possible thanks.
Just go Occupy the police department or courthouse.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:

Any suggestions on this?
Wow. The gall, to blame your parents, who are no doubt paying for your college and ALLOWING you to stay in THEIR home, for a ticket YOU received for speeding.

What do your parents have to do with YOU leaving earlier for school?

Somehow I doubt the veracity of your version of events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies