Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 07:00 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

5. He's a bully

4. He speaks from his heart and does not bull$hit with a teleprompter

3. He wears wonderful suits

2. Excellent choice of cufflinks and mostly red ties, and great suit-shirt length ratio (anyone heard of the concept of a power suit?)

1. Great hair. Great hair. Great hair.

The Chamataka call to America:

For once, vote a real man into office.

I'm not kidding. I've studied him and am convinced he's "the guy" (mostly due to 5 and 4). I didn't wanna post this in politics, coz it's infested with fashion-oblivious frumps and grumps And the moment you say, Rick Perry, some people scream like they are being treated for piles

Besides, the top three reasons fall into fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 07:21 AM

17,382 posts, read 16,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
5. He's a bully

4. He speaks from his heart and does not bull$hit with a teleprompter

3. He wears wonderful suits

2. Excellent choice of cufflinks and mostly red ties, and great suit-shirt length ratio (anyone heard of the concept of a power suit?)

1. Great hair. Great hair. Great hair.

The Chamataka call to America:

For once, vote a real man into office.

I'm not kidding. I've studied him and am convinced he's "the guy" (mostly due to 5 and 4). I didn't wanna post this in politics, coz it's infested with fashion-oblivious frumps and grumps And the moment you say, Rick Perry, some people scream like they are being treated for piles

Besides, the top three reasons fall into fashion.
I'd vote for him but he's too stiff. If he was more animated that gorgeous hair would move, bounce, shift in the breeze. But, sadly, he's about as "alive" as a Ken doll.

Alas, what good is a power suit on a mannequin? .

Old 11-22-2011, 08:46 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
I don't plan on voting, again. I don't care. You go ahead and vote. You spend your time researching the issues. You can celebrate if your candidate wins and lament if your candidate loses. It's your time. Enjoy it.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:48 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
He is one of the elite's acceptable stooges. He will be backed by media and money until it's hopeless to get him nominated.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:57 AM

He has some fab ties, though. And those shoes - wowzer!

But seriously -

I'm being silly as this is a light hearted thread. While I'm not completely sold on Perry as a presidential candidate, I haven't totally ruled him out, either. But I do agree with the OP - Perry is a good dresser!

Old 11-22-2011, 10:46 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
His suits just look generic to me.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:58 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,084,292 times
He certainly would give comedians a lot of material to work with. The Daily Show would be a lot funnier with Perry in office, for sure.

You have to give Mitt Romney some credit. He's a dapper dude.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I'd vote for him but he's too stiff. If he was more animated that gorgeous hair would move, bounce, shift in the breeze. But, sadly, he's about as "alive" as a Ken doll.

Alas, what good is a power suit on a mannequin? .
He's not a stage person. He's no JFK or the Messiah. He's an average ordinary guy who became a politician.

One can tell he is nervous on TV, but extremely comfortable in his zone, when it comes to meeting people on the road, town halls and informal talks.

Well, we got the greatest orator since Cicero entering the White House in 2009. Well, let's compare the projection people had of what neo-Cicero was gonna achieve to REALITY

On the other hand, Rick's a goof, but he is full of action and every aspect of him looks like an action-powered individual.

And he's naturally fashionable. He could wear a jeans and cowboy hat and still look stylish

Old 11-22-2011, 01:38 PM

Even the real Jesus was probably short, curly haired, a little overweight and olive skinned.

But the Jesus we love is 6 feet tall, has a six pack, hair like Adonis, blue eyes and Aryan facial features. Which is not real

That's reality versus fashionable media imagination/creation.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
He's not a stage person. He's no JFK or the Messiah. He's an average ordinary guy who became a politician.

One can tell he is nervous on TV, but extremely comfortable in his zone, when it comes to meeting people on the road, town halls and informal talks.

Well, we got the greatest orator since Cicero entering the White House in 2009. Well, let's compare the projection people had of what neo-Cicero was gonna achieve to REALITY

On the other hand, Rick's a goof, but he is full of action and every aspect of him looks like an action-powered individual.

And he's naturally fashionable. He could wear a jeans and cowboy hat and still look stylish
The one we have now has a way of making eloquent sounding speeches that seem to "speak" to a wide variety of interests. But when you read what he says or just listen to his speech again, you realize that while he may talk about a subject in well crafted, pretty words he rarely talks specifics. He's a master in using vagueness to work an audience, no question about that. A room full of people with completely opposing views could listen to him talk and come away feeling as though he "agreed" with each and every single one of them.

Perry does not have that type of skill which is fine by me - he doesn't have to be "good on stage" to be a good President. That really isn't the issue I have with him at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies