Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 12:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
She empowered the enemy, but I guess we all make silly little mistakes, don't we?
Why, I once caught myself carting ammo into North Korea and playing cards with NPRK soldiers before I realized what I was doing....
Empowered the enemy?

LMAO...please. The NVA had plenty of power. Again, they lost millions and kept fighting. We lost 58k and cried uncle. Jane Fonda isn't responsible for that difference....the cause is.

Have a good cause and there is a good chance that you'll win a war. Have a lousy cause, and you'll likely lose. If Jane Fonda had never went to Vietnam, their cause was the same. They didn't need Jane Fonda against the French, did they?

Buy sweeter grapes....they taste better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 12:45 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Empowered the enemy?

LMAO...please. The NVA had plenty of power. Again, they lost millions and kept fighting. We lost 58k and cried uncle. Jane Fonda isn't responsible for that difference....the cause is.

Have a good cause and there is a good chance that you'll win a war. Have a lousy cause, and you'll likely lose. If Jane Fonda had never went to Vietnam, their cause was the same. They didn't need Jane Fonda against the French, did they?

Buy sweeter grapes....they taste better.
What's wrong some ows thief swipe the chicken off your patio grill? You're getting pretty emotional over a bumper sticker.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
What's wrong some ows thief swipe the chicken off your patio grill? You're getting pretty emotional over a bumper sticker.
Chicken? That's an interesting choice of meats as it pertains to me and this thread.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:35 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Is she really a Christian now? I didnt see her talking about it on Behar...the topic at hand was about sex after age 60-lol.

That said who cares what someone did 40 years ago..
I agree. You can't live in the past. Here Jane's opinion on her Christian beliefs.

ABOUT MY FAITH | Jane Fonda

Old 11-22-2011, 01:38 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
She empowered the enemy, but I guess we all make silly little mistakes, don't we?
China did a lot more to empower the Vietnamese than Fonda ever could. I don't see you ranting against China or relations with China. Faux outrage anyone?

Old 11-22-2011, 02:01 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Anyone who thinks Jane Fonda was labeled a traitor simply because of our losses in Vietnam is trying to blow smoke up rectums. Fonda is worse than a traitor because she continues to benefit financially from the nation she attempted to betray. The bumper stickers will end when the wrinkled old witch is dead.
I do hope you feel just as venomous about the lovely Mr. Dick Cheney.
Talk about someone who makes money directly from wars...

Because it's Jane Fonda, you're suddenly against the free market.
People obviously purchase her goods of their own volition.

She didn't betray a nation, it was our elected officials who did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The fact is American POW's were tortured for refusing to meet with Jane Fonda. I have no respect for her. She chose sides and she chose the side of the North Vietnamese. Today, though, I never even think about her. What's she done but make a few movies and sell a lot of leotards? She fell off the radar a very long time ago.
Please provide a credible link to this assertion, if you can find one.
http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp Look about 2/3 down the link to disprove your assertion.

Last edited by chielgirl; 11-22-2011 at 02:17 PM..

Old 11-22-2011, 02:34 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I do hope you feel just as venomous about the lovely Mr. Dick Cheney.
Talk about someone who makes money directly from wars...

Because it's Jane Fonda, you're suddenly against the free market.
People obviously purchase her goods of their own volition.
Deflecting from the topic of the thread serves no purpose. Jane Fonda could be selling fix-a-flat to buttless women for $19.99 for all I care but she really needs to sell them something to replace the air in their heads.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:36 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
I saw a Jane Fonda Communist Skank bumper sticker today

Glad to see some people don't forget.

snopes.com: Jane Fonda and POWs
Maybe you can pick up one this Black Friday as you buy goods from China, you know, they are the ones that gave weapons to the Vietnamese during the war.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
OOOhh...what a relevent thread topic...so meaningful and up-to-date...

Was it Jane who crashed the economy?

Was it Jane who shipped our jobs to other countries?

Is she running for office?

Nope.

Bored Repugs who can't find enough people to hate ?

Yup!

There's just NEVER enough for them.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:52 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Deflecting from the topic of the thread serves no purpose. Jane Fonda could be selling fix-a-flat to buttless women for $19.99 for all I care but she really needs to sell them something to replace the air in their heads.
Where was I deflecting?
So sorry that you don't like to see the free market work for people you don't like. That's what it amounts to.

Don't think much of any women, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies