Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
He broke the promise of a path to citizenship, and will have deported as many illegals in one term as W did in two. These are not likely to win many Hispanic votes.
Ahhh...so you love his stance on immigration, huh?

So if he's not going to win many Hispanic votes, shouldn't you be happy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 10:01 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Democrats can try but they are loosing the battle.
I am Hispanic and I work in a plant where there is 80% Hispanic worker, yea we don't like Obama ,if our vote counts he will be out of the White House! one term president. he has failed miserably!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I am Hispanic and I work in a plant where there is 80% Hispanic worker, yea we don't like Obama ,if our vote counts he will be out of the White House! one term president. he has failed miserably!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lemme guess...you're all gonna write in Tom Tancredo!

Old 11-23-2011, 11:21 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're a right wing Republican. Let's get that out of the way right now.
Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it so. Only a complete idiot would assume they know so much about someone they've never met, but to each his own. Your still 100% wrong, but feel free to come back with an immature one liner assuring me you know me better than I know myself. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Quote:
Secondly, the president wants a path to citizenship for illegals, but he simply can't pass it. You know it and i know it. In fact, the Republican party can't stop talking about how Obama panders to the illegals. Now you wanna play it both ways and say that he DOESN'T want to pander to them because it's convenient for your argument. Make up your mind.
Perhaps a refresher in comprehension will help. You show me the post where I said he no longer wants to pander to the hispanic vote. Not "playing it both ways", you'd just rather spin and twist words than admit you're wrong. And yes, Obama vowed a path to citizenship and FAILED. The first two years he had Democratic majority, why didn't he pass it then? Because he's a freakin' liar, that's why. In the upcoming election he'll lie again, guaranteed. Some morons will still fall for it unfortunately.

Quote:
Thirdly, who i vote for may hurt you (hurt your feelings is more like it), but i still owe you no explanation as to why i made that vote, and you have no damn business asking me personally why i voted the way i did. I don't ask others something so lame, and i don't want them asking me either. If Hispanics voted for Obama solely on the issue of immigration, they'd be stupid anyway.
Like I said before, (but obviously you don't bother to read my posts) I'm not going to walk up to someone and ask why they voted the way they did. If they wish to discuss it, and say something like "I'm voting for Obama because he's going to fix immigration", I will say "Like he promised last time? Why would you vote for him again when he lied to you the first time?". If someone brings it up, and I have an opinion, I will voice it. If they want to get all offended because it's "none of my damn business" I could care less. The people with big mouths that want to rant will get a response if I feel like responding. If they want to get stupid, loud, belligerant and act like a child, so be it.

Quote:
That's ridiculous. Their electorate is just as sophisticated as any white electorate is. In fact, i'd bet that on average, they're far less likely to be single issue voters than whites anyday of the week....and i'd bet a whole paycheck on it if i could find the proof.
Where did this talk about whites come from? Do you bring this into every post? Sounds like you just have a chip on your shoulder, and you need to grow up and get over it.

Quote:
I had to deal with you guys voting in GWB for two terms, so turnabout is fair play. I'm voting for President Obama unless you can show me a better candidate, and you can't. The current crop of clowns aren't an option, and the ones that aren't clowns won't be nominated.
Who is "you guys"? Independents? We make or break an election. The more the loudmouths on the left **** us off, the worst chance Obama has. Maybe you should keep that in mind.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
He broke the promise of a path to citizenship, and will have deported as many illegals in one term as W did in two. These are not likely to win many Hispanic votes.
So you are claiming that most "hispanics" have zero respect for the laws of this nation, and most "hispanics" don't give a damn about high unemployment rates and high taxes? That most "hispanics" just want unlimited and very massive ilegal immigration by "hispanics" because there is something they as a group get out of that?

It's really those who are here illegally or are bringing their relatives in illegally or who wish to profit from the dirt cheap labor who think that there should be unlimited immigration and that hispanics should not be expected to respect our laws.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Regardless....why don't you go up to Hispanics and ask them personally instead of asking people that have no idea?
I already know a lot of hispanics, but I know many who aren't here illegally and many of them care about the same issues as other Americans -- taxes, incredible national debt, unemployment.

Of course those who want unlimited illegal immigration and rewards for the illegals because they broke the laws, and who want very cheap labor support Obama. Obama is promising an amnesty and also the same chance for college money as reward for all those who would come here illegally. That makes him very popular with the pro-illegal, pro-open border crowd, but that sure doesn't help Americans with falling wages, high joblessness, and a dreary future.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it so. Only a complete idiot would assume they know so much about someone they've never met, but to each his own. Your still 100% wrong, but feel free to come back with an immature one liner assuring me you know me better than I know myself. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Perhaps a refresher in comprehension will help. You show me the post where I said he no longer wants to pander to the hispanic vote. Not "playing it both ways", you'd just rather spin and twist words than admit you're wrong. And yes, Obama vowed a path to citizenship and FAILED. The first two years he had Democratic majority, why didn't he pass it then? Because he's a freakin' liar, that's why. In the upcoming election he'll lie again, guaranteed. Some morons will still fall for it unfortunately.

Like I said before, (but obviously you don't bother to read my posts) I'm not going to walk up to someone and ask why they voted the way they did. If they wish to discuss it, and say something like "I'm voting for Obama because he's going to fix immigration", I will say "Like he promised last time? Why would you vote for him again when he lied to you the first time?". If someone brings it up, and I have an opinion, I will voice it. If they want to get all offended because it's "none of my damn business" I could care less. The people with big mouths that want to rant will get a response if I feel like responding. If they want to get stupid, loud, belligerant and act like a child, so be it.

Where did this talk about whites come from? Do you bring this into every post? Sounds like you just have a chip on your shoulder, and you need to grow up and get over it.

Who is "you guys"? Independents? We make or break an election. The more the loudmouths on the left **** us off, the worst chance Obama has. Maybe you should keep that in mind.
Dude, the premise of your opinion on this topic is that Hispanics vote based on Immigration issues. That sir...is an accusation that they're mostly a one issue voting bloc. That's EXACTLY what you're insinuating. And i'm telling you that it's bullsh*t.

Hispanics vote on far more issues than immigration, just like everyone else.

That said, we've already established that even if they did vote moreso on the issue of immigration than anything else, they'd do no better with Republicans in charge. You said it yourself.

So why in the hell would they so something so moronic as to vote for the Republican party...an openly hostile party to minorities and as of late, ESPECIALLY hostile to Hispanics?

And lastly, you're a right winger. Your posts on here are tantamount to body language. You talk Republican, walk Republican, breath Republican, eat Republican....quacks like a duck, is a duck. So yea, you're an independent...an independent Republican.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Dude, the premise of your opinion on this topic is that Hispanics vote based on Immigration issues. That sir...is an accusation that they're mostly a one issue voting bloc. That's EXACTLY what you're insinuating. And i'm telling you that it's bullsh*t.

Hispanics vote on far more issues than immigration, just like everyone else.

That said, we've already established that even if they did vote moreso on the issue of immigration than anything else, they'd do no better with Republicans in charge. You said it yourself.

So why in the hell would they so something so moronic as to vote for the Republican party...an openly hostile party to minorities and as of late, ESPECIALLY hostile to Hispanics?

And lastly, you're a right winger. Your posts on here are tantamount to body language. You talk Republican, walk Republican, breath Republican, eat Republican....quacks like a duck, is a duck. So yea, you're an independent...an independent Republican.
But notice what the pandering politicians are doing, and that's because their campaign managers know that many hispanics are here illegally or are bringing in illegals, and most want ultra cheap labor, most don't give a damn about unemployment rates or high national debt.

Look what they promise them -- a big amnesty, financial aid to our universities, more Medicaid, more food stamps, bigger government.

A politician that promised tax cuts for the middle class, lower national debt, fewer business taxes, less federal government, preference given to citizens in hiring and so on would not win the votes of this voting block.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:23 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
10-4. I will personally go up to every hispanic in the country and ask them. I'll get back to you.
And while you are at it, ask Asian Americans too because they also temd to vote Democratic

Asian "Natural Republicans" Vote 75% Democratic

Rep. Mike Honda: Why Asian Americans Will Vote Democratic This November

Old 11-24-2011, 01:42 PM

If "hispanics" voted like other Americans, then the politicians wouldn't be concerning themselves with "latino issues" or "hispanic issues" and there would be no racial pandering to them needed.

We all know that isn't the case because in today's terminology "hispanic" now means immigrant from a hispanic nation, most often someone here illegally, and that's that.

Non-hispanic issues are things like taxation, national debt, limited government, abortion, health care, wars in the Middle East, and so on -- the issues that aren't considered "hispanic issues".

The "hispanic issues" are exactly the ones the politicans use to pander to them -- a blanket amnesty, free college for those coming here illegally if they want it, no border patrol, unlimited immigration from hispanic nations, free health care for hispanic immigrants, and the promotion of the Spanish language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies