Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 12:11 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times

Advertisements

Pathetic......fine the guy but take away his fish? I'd like to know what the government is going to do with the proceeds? America is such a joke nowadays! Pathetic that something as simple as confiscating some guy's tuna is symbolic of just how tyrannical and overgrown our government bureaucracy really is.

Mass. fishermen snare 881-pound tuna, feds take it - Yahoo! News
And this commenter was spot on..............

So the Feds are right on top of this illegal tuna. Immediately seized and deported. But they can't find or stop 30 million Mexicans coming across our border? Is this country nuts, or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 12:17 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
And? You can't go trawling for tuna, it's against the law. I think he should keep it if it is an honest mistake, but as stated in the article if it was a real mistake he will get the proceeds (est ~$400,000). I can see why they want to investigate as scores of people would go "Opps, I didn't mean to" while trawling around for tuna.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:21 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
And? You can't go trawling for tuna, it's against the law. I think he should keep it if it is an honest mistake, but as stated in the article if it was a real mistake he will get the proceeds (est ~$400,000). I can see why they want to investigate as scores of people would go "Opps, I didn't mean to" while trawling around for tuna.
You're not allowed to use the Presidential Office for ad campaigns either to ask for money, but Obama had no issues doing that. This is the worst "do as I say, not as I do" administration I have ever witnessed my entire life.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:23 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You're not allowed to use the Presidential Office for ad campaigns either to ask for money, but Obama had no issues doing that. This is the worst "do as I say, not as I do" administration I have ever witnessed my entire life.
Here is something that makes as much sense as your argument in terms of this topic.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:25 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Here is something that makes as much sense as your argument in terms of this topic.
I know, it's hard to equate the two isn't it?

Old 11-22-2011, 12:31 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Pathetic......fine the guy but take away his fish? I'd like to know what the government is going to do with the proceeds? America is such a joke nowadays! Pathetic that something as simple as confiscating some guy's tuna is symbolic of just how tyrannical and overgrown our government bureaucracy really is.

So the Feds are right on top of this illegal tuna. Immediately seized and deported. But they can't find or stop 30 million Mexicans coming across our border? Is this country nuts, or what?
Tuna don't vote Dem...

Old 11-22-2011, 12:45 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
i wonder how much 'his share' of the proceeds will end up being?

Old 11-22-2011, 02:15 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Next time, he'll prolly just throw the dead tuna back.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:42 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:

and this is just another sign of the usa turning into a third world county

thats just so screwed up!!!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:20 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:

i bet the money raised will go to bonusesor some other corrupt bs???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies