Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 06:17 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,478,526 times

Advertisements

She is an acedemic who is out of touch with reality. That is probably enough to let her do quite well in Mass, although Scott Brown is well liked there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 06:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
i don't see her as having much in common with Obama. Obama is a corporate liberal who is trying to figure out how to appease Republicans. Warren is a populist conservative who is trying to figure out how to win as a Democrat.

i would equate Warren to the left's version of Ron Paul. She has been dead-on about many things, and she has simple, clear-cut solutions to our financial problems. The challenge is to package and disseminate those solutions in a way that's politically acceptable to voters.

Warren a Conservative.

Boy, are you confused! No wonder! I get the problem now!
The question is now... How do you fix perpetually confused?

Old 11-23-2011, 06:20 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Warren a Conservative.

Boy, are you confused! No wonder! I get the problem now!
The question is now... How do you fix perpetually confused?
yes, conservative.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-a-republican/

“I was a Republican, because I thought that those were the people who best supported markets. I think that is not true anymore,” said Elizabeth Warren in an interview with The Daily Beast.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
yes, conservative.

Elizabeth Warren Once a Republican - ABC News

“I was a Republican, because I thought that those were the people who best supported markets. I think that is not true anymore,” said Elizabeth Warren in an interview with The Daily Beast.

This where you are very confused and rightfully so! They have brainwashed you to believe R=C. Progressives have been intertwined in the Republican party for years. She bailed like a lot of Progressives did, or they got thrown out of the party offices(2010 Mid terms??)
Who defined Republican as Conservative. Just because you were an R by your name, does not make you Conservative.

For the last 50 years, voting R or D, got the same status quo results. No change in direction(Progressive One World Order)

Old 11-23-2011, 06:31 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
Quote:
This where you are very confused and rightfully so! They have brainwashed you to believe R=C.

It's not about what anyone else thinks -- I believe that free markets are the core of conservatism. She said she supports free markets. Her policy ideas also suggest to me that she supports free markets. That's a conservative.

Quote:
Who defined Republican as Conservative. Just because you were an R by your name, does not make you Conservative.
So quit being such a hypocrite. Who defined Democrat as liberal? Just because she has a (D) by her name does not make her a liberal.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:47 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Well it certainly is not a surprise that the lefties are already tapping her for this. They have an affinity for dragging people into offices that they have no desire for nor are equipped to handle based on a few comments they made, the color of their skin, or how they approach a toilet.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
It's not about what anyone else thinks -- I believe that free markets are the core of conservatism. She said she supports free markets. Her policy ideas also suggest to me that she supports free markets. That's a conservative.

So quit being such a hypocrite. Who defined Democrat as liberal? Just because she has a (D) by her name does not make her a liberal.

Southern Conservative Democrats, jumped ship long ago.

The Democrats have been the party of the Progressives since Woodrow Wilson.

Liberal is just a relabel mask to confuse those that rejected the Progressives and their Communist values, after WW-II. Nothing is liberal about Progressive values. Cradle to grave micro managing, with rules and regulations, is not Constitutionally Conservative, by any means.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:58 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
As far as I can tell the big accomplishment Of Warren was creating another bureaucracy the CPA that was not needed. Oh wait, that qualifies Warren she knows how to grow the gvt.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well I am looking forward to her winning in Mass. first. She has an edge to her unlike Obama. She won't capitulate.
Well if you consider taking several months to decide whether or not she even wanted the job having edginess then she certainly qualifies.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
All politics are local. Liberals can drool all they want over her during the election season, but if she wins a seat in the Senate, she'll be but one of 535 lawmakers, and a junior one at that (which garners no power whatsoever).
Actually she is going for the US Senate so she would be one of 100.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies