Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
What qualifies as most conservative?

Where you fall on the ideological scale of modern conservatism is based mainly on the purity of your hatred for certain things.

You must display the appropriate hatred of gays, immigrants and Muslims to even be allowed in the conservative club. You get bonus points for supporting policies that lead to the subjugation of women and minorities. It goes without saying that you must wear your Christianity on your sleeve and bow in deference to the Koch Brothers and Rush O'Hannity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 09:31 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Technically, I'm on the right. I could vote for Huntsman or Romney, if he actually campaigned on what he believes, or Gary Johnson. The rest of the GOP field is a joke.
I would consider Huntsman as well. I have voted Republican before. If there was an Eisenhower Republican running, I would vote for them as well.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:33 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Bachmann, Perry and Romney on the ticket. Obama is a huge disappointment on the economy, social issues and the environment. Why do deluded conservatives believe that any liberal would find their parade of far right incompetent power grabbers any more appealing?

Old 11-23-2011, 09:38 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Bachmann, Perry and Romney on the ticket. Obama is a huge disappointment on the economy, social issues and the environment. Why do deluded conservatives believe that any liberal would find their parade of far right incompetent power grabbers any more appealing?

Whats wrong with Santorum?

Old 11-23-2011, 09:39 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Right now WASHINGTON needs to be SHAKEN up, alot. Voting for Romney, Gingrich, Perry, Bachman or even OBama will serve no purpose what so ever other than 4 more years of the SOS... There will be others on the ticket besides RED/BLUE.. that's who you need to vote for..

Old 11-23-2011, 09:39 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The GOP putting up someone who isn't a joke.
Maybe they could resurrect Reagan, he was a decent person. Cryogenics?

Old 11-23-2011, 09:42 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Whats wrong with Santorum?

For one look up his name in the urban dictionary

Old 11-23-2011, 09:45 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
As a lifelong Democrat and liberal who voted for Obama in 2008 and lives in a County that consistently votes 80%+ Democratic, I will not be voting for Obama in 2012.

Look at what Bush said he would do before he was elected, than look at what he did. Look at what Obama said he would do before he was elected, than look at what he did and is doing. The same policies are in place and have been since Ronald Reagan.

There is a hidden branch of power that is calling the shots and we are stupid for not noticing the pattern earlier of the endless and expensive wars, the overstatement of the threat of terror, the corrupt and secretive Federal Reserve, corporations and lobbyists having major influence over politicians, Federal Government controlling the economy and industries instead of letting them grow organically, a Federal Government that is more powerful, freedom-infringing and wasteful every day.

Wake up America! We are being duped. Romney, Cain, Perry, Bachman, Gingrich, Obama will all continue the policy of puppet Presidents. Ron Paul is the only answer.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:54 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
i don't blame Obama for the mess we're in, first off. His job has been to run around putting tweaks and band-aids on everything, while congress reforms the laws which are the root cause of so many problems. Congress is incompetent and corrupt, so we're totally screwed there.
the challenge for the Republicans is to come up with solutions to our economic problems that I agree with.
Paul & Huntsman would probably be Republican leaders I'd vote for, over Obama. Both men seem to have a halfway decent understanding of the problem.
As far as the candidates I wouldn't vote for, over Obama..... Gingrich is probably the closest. Romney, Perry, Cain, and Bachmann are all on their own little Neocon + Tea Party planet.
The Republican objective is to tank the economy, then blame Obama at election time. They believe Americans are lazy and not paying attention. Have you seen any "solutions"? Nobody has - it is not their focus.
* Paul, as a libertarian, believes in TOTAL privatization. Public lands, including national parks (?), sold off to developers. Shopping malls in the shadow of Mt. Rushmore? Nobody ever asks him about this. He sounds good in interviews.
* Plastic man Romney created his wealth (besides being born into it) by destroying companies and jobs . He is sociopathic imo - a privileged bubble dweller, and seems awkward in the presence of the "great unwashed". Sees human beings as "markets". Says housing foreclosures are good because they will stabilize the market. The 1% is definitely his base.
* Gingrich divorced his wife on her sickbed, then married his lover of the moment. He pursued Clinton over the issue of infidelity. what else do we need to know?
* Huntsman makes sense, seems honorable - and therefore polls the lowest among conservatives.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:54 AM

753 posts, read 843,236 times
Congressman, Veteran, Dr. RON PAUL!!!

I'm a Dem, voted for Obama and will do so again unless it's Dr. Paul. I'm switching my party affiliation just to vote for him in the FL Primary. Any other GOP candidate and it's an easy vote for Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies