Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:47 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,321,678 times

Advertisements

I'm going to start with a big cup of coffee which will lead into the Packer/Lions game, after that off to the in-laws for Turkey and the fixins plus some more football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 07:51 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,604,458 times
Just checked on the brining turkeys, turned them over. Will start the fires at about 7:00am tomorrow.

Happy Thankgiving CD'ers. Yes even you libbies.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:12 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,614,409 times
I'll be doing what I do every year: drinking Jack straight from the bottle and giving thanks that I'm not a dirty Republican.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:22 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,467,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'll be hanging out in Berlin with a buddy from my military days.
We'll probably go to some Christmas Markets; I believe there are 50 of them around the area.
Now that I've returned to Michigan, I'll be spending thanksgiving with my family for the first time in three years. My dad goes hunting in the morning, but I sleep in and show up a few hours before dinner at the old farm house where we get caught up on life and have a ginormous meal. We always have turkey, but my aunt likes to make another non-thanksgiving meat just for fun. Last year she made ribs!

Looking forward to seeing them again, and glad to be back home. Happy turkey day, all!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:26 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,312,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'll be doing what I do every year: drinking Jack straight from the bottle and giving thanks that I'm not a dirty Republican.
I'd rather be a Republican than a hopeless alcoholic liberal with a bad taste in booze. Whatev floats your liver, bro.

I'll be heading over to my uncle's house for the big meal and the Lions-Packers game. As a lifelong Chicago Bears fan and sworn enemy of the Packers, I must root for the Lions. Go Lions!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:27 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,927,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I gave money to people suffering the Obama depression. We are feeding about 18 people tomorrow, but refused to allow one homeless family to stay an extended time again since the last time they damaged the home.
We try though!
Housed homeless folks almost 4 months last year.
Can't do it anymore. There are reasons they are homeless and after they greased up the house, clogged sinks and broke enamel off of one of the sinks we decided that was it for us.
Better to donate to a shelter, help people with bits of money on the streets or feed them meals.
My wife even got a full time job for a woman with benefits and she refused to take it. Would lose her $400 in welfare and EBT. Meanwhile her 3 month old, other two children are out of school and suffer their parents.

Tough tough tough my friends.
It is nice that you tried.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:43 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,262,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Just checked on the brining turkeys, turned them over. Will start the fires at about 7:00am tomorrow.

Happy Thankgiving CD'ers. Yes even you libbies.
Aw, you, too, Bdd. ::wipes away a tear::

Old 11-23-2011, 10:50 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,675,188 times
I am not in the mood to cook this year so we are going out to eat. And since I am also not in the mood for turkey I will be having a sirloin steak instead and enjoying every bloody rare piece of it.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. Don't eat too much and enjoy the football games!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:53 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,879,591 times
Happy Thanksgiving, blackandproud! Nice idea for a thread.

I will be leaving hubby at home with the babies (his idea, not mine, as he doesn't get into turkey day) and joining some family and friends and people I've never met at the hostess's house. I got off easy and didn't have to cook, but I imagine a very traditional southern Thanksgiving meal will be served. I'm just looking forward to a mommy's night off! Now if it only included a slumber party so I could sleep . . .

Old 11-23-2011, 11:39 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,522,864 times
Our daughters and sons-in-law are all far from us, this year so instead of the huge feast here at home we'll be going to a large gathering with two houses of dear friends, their relatives, and co-workers of hubby's that he's invited to the event.

Our day will likely start early and end late. The bird is being smoked/cooked outside, the fruit salad is done, and three sweet potato pies are, too. I just snuck a tiny piece of chocolate, Cheesecake with some hot, herbal tea and am determined to not have tight Levis by this time, tomorrow.

We'll start approx. 2PM and have a ton of laughter and no-telling what games, etc. Then, we'll come home in time for all of our own kids to call and talk awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies