Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 07:48 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Yeah, where is TnHilltopper? I always enjoyed reading his posts. He was so good he shouldn't have been allowed to leave.

Delusianne and Chatteress were two others I miss.
Delusianne, I miss her too. She is very smart and she could throw. Even though we did not see eye to eye on most issues she was informed and logical.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:10 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Not really, I simply believe that we have a moral obligation to provide for those who cannot provide for themselves. I believe that we are capable of succeeding in the U.S. as a result of our founding fathers vision. I also believe that to take money from one, give it to another that can provide for himself is wrong. I also believe that standing in a park bitching about what you don't have verses getting off your duff and changing your life is equally wrong.

I firmly believe that other than a blind squirrel that finds a nut every once in a while this president doesn't have a clue as to what he is doing.

See my views are just different than yours.. If your group ran the country we would be in deep trouble since nobody would be allowed to be successful and if they were you would punish them by taxing them to death to pay for your social programs that buy votes from the disenfranchised.
So you think that this political forum is dominated by leftwing radicals as Dragging Canoe is insinuating and which i was answering with an equally relevant opinion of my own.Not sure what the rest of your post has to do with the topic which was about why some people dont come here any more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe
This forum is controlled by the radical left wing..

Old 11-24-2011, 08:20 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
One side talks food and the other talks poison. How much poison would you allow in your food to meet in the so called middle?

Left wants endless social spending, government employment growth, higher and higher taxes and decrease in the size or spending of government.
Other side wants cuts and a grind toward a balanced budget.

You can't meet in the middle on the differences above because they are so opposite of each other.
One side feels they have the moral authority to use the government to take your money the other side wants a limit on the spending so you don't have such a need for as much of other people's money.

On and on....

Welcome back you two.
Excellent example why I don't miss anyone on this forum. Most lack the ability to look past the rim of their own plates. It's all black and white. I am good, you are evil. I am food, they are poison. It's that very attitude that makes this forum pointless.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:38 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujulu View Post
Too many haters and racists here. If you have a problem with Obama, you'd better have a real reason why. Otherwise, that makes you a racist.
Examples please!

Old 11-24-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Delusianne, I miss her too. She is very smart and she could throw. Even though we did not see eye to eye on most issues she was informed and logical.
I can see Delusianne resurfacing next year for the campaign.

Last edited by Miborn; 11-24-2011 at 08:51 AM..

Old 11-24-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Yeah, where is TnHilltopper? I always enjoyed reading his posts. He was so good he shouldn't have been allowed to leave.

Delusianne and Chatteress were two others I miss.
Chatteress still posts maybe not in this forum.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:49 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I'm book marking this thread so I can come back and post after the village idiot gets tossed from this white house and hopefully U.S. soil
Why U.S. soil?

Oh that's right...he's not a real American, is he?

Old 11-24-2011, 08:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Where is saganista? I miss her telling us all sorts of left wing bs, like Social Security expenses werent liabilities, her non stop insistance that government knows best and there arent business cycles.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Excellent example why I don't miss anyone on this forum. Most lack the ability to look past the rim of their own plates. It's all black and white. I am good, you are evil. I am food, they are poison. It's that very attitude that makes this forum pointless.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:19 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
There's no telling how many of those that left came back under a new identity. I would suspect a fair amount.

Or maybe they've found another website to frequent

No and No.

This is one of who-knows-how-many internet forums on the vast www.

Looney or offensive posters are about as substantial as a popcorn fart.
Agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies