Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 09:07 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I have to side with NBC here, they are a business and aren't looking to turn off a large number of their audience.
So you don't think people should be able to learn the truth about the despicable practices of BIG Food and Big Agra? How are the ones who are so naive and think the food they buy is pure and wholesome (when nothing could be further from the truth)... who aren't even curious enough to even think about researching it on their own....going to ever learn the truth?

I'm not even talking about animal rights. I'm talking about learning the truth about food processing of BIG FOOD and BIG AGRA and basic food safety for everyone (those who eat meat and those who don't).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 09:11 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
So you don't think people should be able to learn the truth about the despicable practices of BIG Food and Big Agra? How are the ones who are so naive and think the food they buy is pure and wholesome (when nothing could be further from the truth)... who aren't even curious enough to even think about researching it on their own....going to ever learn the truth?
Those who want to know, know.
Those who don't, don't, and don't care.

I pick mine at the farm (and sometimes even know their names), some would prefer to pick it at the store (and just know the brand).

Old 11-24-2011, 09:14 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
Don't you think a for profit business should have the right to determine what ads it chooses to air?

I can see your point but I've got to go with NBC on this one.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:19 AM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Uhh... We have informantional tv channels, Internet, books, etc.. People are free to research the information anytime day or night. If NBC doesn't want to shove the messages from a whacko group like PETA, it's their right. Some people don't like others opinions shoved down their throat.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:20 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
Quote:
It is sad that the MSM more and more is banning truthful messages even when the advertiser is willing to PAY to have them broadcast.

NBC Turns Down PETA Ad - Commercial, intended for Macy's parade, has no disturbing images
They're a private, for profit organization. They can air the ads they want to air. Nothing wrong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I wonder what commercials PETA decided AGAINST sending to NBC? They're nuts. To all the hunters and fishermen out there, take photos of your catch and send copies to PETA.
I'll tell that to my dad when he comes in from deer hunting at thanksgiving dinner.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:21 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Don't you think a for profit business should have the right to determine what ads it chooses to air?

I can see your point but I've got to go with NBC on this one.
The more credible the media source, the fewer messages it bans. I think NBC would get higher ratings and more viewership if it stopped spinning its content.

Imagine if there was one media source that you could go to where short of outright attacks or obvious lies, nothing was banned. It would be an immediate hit!

Leave the status quo stations like NBC for those who want to remain in denial.

Regarding PETA, I don't like some of the strategies they use to get their message out but they have done good research. If you can look past the obnoxiousness, you can find some pretty horrifying facts about unnecessary testing on animals including on cats and dogs.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
The more credible the media source, the fewer messages it bans. I think NBC would get higher ratings and more viewership if it stopped spinning its content.

Imagine if there was one media source that you could go to where short of outright attacks or obvious lies, nothing was banned. It would be an immediate hit!

I have a hard time considering NBC's refusal to air advertising content it deems inappropriate spinning of content. Additionally, I can understand how millions of families looking to sit down and enjoy their holiday meal would prefer not to view the PETA ad.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:30 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:

Regarding PETA, I don't like some of the strategies they use to get their message out but they have done good research. If you can look past the obnoxiousness, you can find some pretty horrifying facts about unnecessary testing on animals including on cats and dogs.

PETA ain't the HFA (Humane Farming Association).

Their message isn't about Humane Farming, is it?
No
Then they are the ones who want things banned.

There are many Vegan & Vegetarian Societies and Organizations I'd rather hear from then PETA.
In the big picture they cause more harm then good.

Last edited by plannine; 11-24-2011 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: removed unrealted comments

Old 11-24-2011, 10:56 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
Like other have said... Good for NBC! PETA needs to just disappear already..
PETA is to most animal right groups as the Westboro Baptist Church is to Christianity.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:40 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,383 times
Good for NBC! I CAN'T WAIT TO GO DEER HUNTING MONDAY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies