Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:22 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Written agreement, and I will pull it up and hold you to it. We all know however you guys won't nominate Newt. Republicans talk conservative but vote moderate, which baffles me. Just look at the "maverick" you guys nominated last time. And this time the most liberal candidate of them all has been doing best in the polls.

The reason a lot of people vote moderate is in hopes of getting the independant voter. Lets face it , dems vote dem , gop votes gop. Indy decide elections.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:23 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish2 View Post
The troops are not leaving Iraq...They wills till be there when Obama's failed Presidency is voted out in 2012...

Correct, A group from here left just last week for a 1 yr tour.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:15 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Why do you think Newt will even be nominated to run against Obama?

because mitt is unelectable as potus.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:19 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Obama's presidency was a breath of fresh air after Bush.

just like bush was a breath of fresh air after clinton, right?

Old 11-26-2011, 07:26 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Written agreement, and I will pull it up and hold you to it. We all know however you guys won't nominate Newt. Republicans talk conservative but vote moderate, which baffles me. Just look at the "maverick" you guys nominated last time. And this time the most liberal candidate of them all has been doing best in the polls.
Yes, but that is because the conservative vote is currently being split up among multiple conservative candidates. If one or two drop out or conservative voters start favoring one particular choice Romney is in deep trouble.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Source please.
Ever hear of a honor killings?
http://www.islamawareness.net/Honour...r_killings.pdf
Quote:
Ever heard of the IRA bombing Protestants?
Yes, but thats clearly not the majority of Christians, is it?
Quote:
Obama's presidency was a breath of fresh air after Bush.
This from the poster who stated the above.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yes, I am thankful that McCain/Palin are not in the White House this Thanksgiving either.

Wishing the Obamas a happy Thanksgiving.
I still hear McSame singing about Iran.....

yes Thank God next election year we wont be hearing about reality tv trash star bristol, and "moose chili" . Beyond sickening what media in America is now.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:27 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
If Newt gets the nomination, and he wins against Obama, I'll delete this account and never post here again. If he loses to Obama, you do the same.
newt has no chance. Over 50% of voters are female and under age 60

Old 11-27-2011, 01:41 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
Quote:
Today I'm most thankful for Barack Obama's presidency.

I'm thankful that I have a president who has finally begun pulling troops out of Iraq and has established a date to pull troops out of Afghanistan.

I'm thankful that I have a president who saved the auto industry from collapsing and whose economic policies helped officially end the recession in 2009, only one year after it started.

I'm thankful that I have a president who put regulations back on Wall Street to prevent the shadow banking practices that played a large part in the housing bubble and crash.

I'm thankful that I have a president who renewed U.S. commitment to finding Osama, which was a 180 degree turn from the former president who stated "I truly am not that concerned about him."

I'm thankful to have a president who thinks diplomacy is the best way to currently deal with Iran, as opposed to military action, which was the blatant ideology of the Republican candidate he ran against in 2008 (Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran).

I'm thankful to have a president who has made it possible for children with preexisting conditions to have equal access to healthcare.

I'm thankful to have a president who doesn't view all Muslims as potential terrorist.

I'm thankful that the conservatives have to go through the seething bitterness, loathing and fear of living under a regime they whole heartedly despise and disagree with, like we had to do for the first 8 years of the 21st century.

And I'm thankful to finally have a president who is a biracial, representing the most diverse country in the world.

Thank you Barack Obama!

and I am thankful that at least some of us, on these forums, have the good sense to realize how much President Obama has done for our county, and how much more he will do, if re-elected. Thanks!

Old 11-27-2011, 03:29 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
newt has no chance. Over 50% of voters are female and under age 60
Yeah, most of us women have a hard time with his serial cheating. I'm not prude and consider one transgression or mistake human but Newt takes it to a new level.

I do like that for many years Newt rejected the religious right and their bullying in the form of James Dobson's "family" but I think he's probably sold out by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies