Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 05:34 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,555,841 times

Advertisements

PETA slams Mario over use of a fur suit | Games Blog - Yahoo! Games

So I guess we and little kids can't have fun anymore. And this article states that Mario wearing these suits encourages violence towards raccoons. Could not be further than the truth! I played Mario 3 growing up and never hurt a raccoon and there were no violent scenes! It is a childhood game that I am very fond of!

Marios fur suit Peta that has Petas underwear in a wad:

On a side note, they must forgot about the froggie suit Mario used to wear in the late 80's and early 90s.

Now trust me, I am all for respecting animals and treating them with dignity. But seriously.....TAKE THAT PETA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 05:39 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,370,277 times
Seriously Who the hell gets pissed over a tanuki suit. That is ridiculous.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:41 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,383,428 times
I thought they really got upset with Super Contra-

Up,up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, A, B, A , Start.

But seriously- how do they know it's not faux fur?

Old 11-24-2011, 05:44 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,341,582 times
This hypocritical organization lost relevancy many years ago. Now all they do is undermine the efforts of credible animal protection agencies. I wish people would wise up and stop supporting them.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:46 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,555,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Seriously Who the hell gets pissed over a tanuki suit. That is ridiculous.
I KNOW! Seriously. WTF?

All I could think about was how effed up that was. This is seriously just a kids game with NO VIOLENCE in it. Heck, the game was 8 bit!!!!

Old 11-24-2011, 05:54 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,370,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I KNOW! Seriously. WTF?

All I could think about was how effed up that was. This is seriously just a kids game with NO VIOLENCE in it. Heck, the game was 8 bit!!!!
Now I am wondering what other games from my childhood will they target. Will they go after Oregon Trail for its hunting minigames, or heaven forbid they ever discover Warcraft II because of the exploding seal and sheep critters.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:05 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,465,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
PETA slams Mario over use of a fur suit | Games Blog - Yahoo! Games

So I guess we and little kids can't have fun anymore. And this article states that Mario wearing these suits encourages violence towards raccoons. Could not be further than the truth! I played Mario 3 growing up and never hurt a raccoon and there were no violent scenes! It is a childhood game that I am very fond of!

Marios fur suit Peta that has Petas underwear in a wad:

On a side note, they must forgot about the froggie suit Mario used to wear in the late 80's and early 90s.

Now trust me, I am all for respecting animals and treating them with dignity. But seriously.....TAKE THAT PETA!
Yeah, because when I was ten, I decided to kill a racoon and put it on my head after playing Super Mario...I mean, wouldn't every kid? How rediculous.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,540,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
This hypocritical organization lost relevancy many years ago. Now all they do is undermine the efforts of credible animal protection agencies. I wish people would wise up and stop supporting them.
Don't be ridiculous, they don't undermine anything, they contribute to awareness, and have numerous accomplishments. We need as many organizations as possible moving humans in the direction of compassion and ethical choices.

Quote:
Aided by thorough investigative work, consumer protests, and international media coverage, PETA brings together members of the scientific, corporate, and legislative communities to achieve large-scale, long-term changes that improve animals' quality of life and prevent their deaths.
PETA's first case—the precedent-setting 1981 Silver Spring monkeys case—resulted in the first arrest and criminal conviction of an animal experimenter in the U.S. on charges of cruelty to animals, the first confiscation of abused laboratory animals, and the first U.S. Supreme Court victory for animals inlaboratories. And we haven't stopped fighting—and winning—in our efforts for animals since.

The following are just a few of PETA's major accomplishments for animals:
  • Undercover investigations of pig-breeding factory farms in North Carolina and Oklahoma revealed horrific conditions and daily abuse of pigs, including the fact that one pig was skinned alive, leading to the first-ever felony indictments of farm workers. See other victories for animals on factory farms.
  • PETA's undercover investigation of a Florida exotic-animal "training school," which revealed that big cats were being beaten with ax handles, encouraged the U.S. Department of Agriculture to develop new regulations governing animal-training methods. See other victories for animals who are used for entertainment.
  • PETA persuaded Mobil, Texaco, Pennzoil, Shell, and other oil companies to cover their exhaust stacks after showing how millions of birds and bats had become trapped in the shafts and been burned to death.
  • A California furrier was charged with cruelty to animals after a PETA investigator filmed him electrocuting chinchillas by clipping wires to the animals' genitals, which caused the animals to experience the pain of a heart attack while they were still conscious. In another undercover exposé, PETA caught a fur rancher on videotape causing minks to die in agony by injecting them with weedkiller. Both farms agreed to stop these cruel killing methods. See other victories for animals who are killed for their skins.
  • After two years of negotiations with—and more than 400 demonstrations against—the company worldwide, McDonald's became the first fast-food chain to agree to make basic welfare improvements for farmed animals. Burger King and Wendy's followed suit within a year's time, and within two years, Safeway, Kroger, and Albertsons had also agreed to adopt stricter guidelines in order to improve the lives of billions of animals who are slaughtered for food.
  • Thanks to PETA's lengthy campaign to push PETCO to take more responsibility for the animals in its stores, the company agreed to stop selling large birds and to make provisions for the millions of rats and mice in its care. See other victories for abused companion animals.
PETA's History: Compassion in Action | PETA.org

Old 11-24-2011, 06:27 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,383,428 times
Next up 'Joust' will be picketed for encouraging racing and battling of ostriches.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:30 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,177,729 times
PETA is PETArded. That's all I have to say about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies