Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think America is in a decline ..?
YES & it is IRREVERSIBLE... 39 33.05%
YES,but it is REVERSIBLE... 68 57.63%
NO decline,NO rise..In the same position,as in the past 6 5.08%
NO,it is in a FRAGILE rise 5 4.24%
NO,it is in a STRONG rise... 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 11:20 AM

306 posts, read 218,636 times

Advertisements

Many talking heads, some politicians,lots of people regard that America has entered a decline...
Do u agree..?
If yes,explain the reasons...
Is that decline irreversible..?
What are your proposals for re-empowering America..?
Stopping or even reversing the decline..? '

DONT FORGET TO VOTE...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 11:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Lack of values particularly.

More kids are being born outside marriage and committed relationships than are born to married couples, more children are born to welfare programs like food stamps and Medicaid and will grow up believing that the world owes them a living. The work ethic is gone. People no longer believe in God or morals, or heaven and hell, it's anything goes. Get pregnant and change your mind about it -- just kill your own baby, no big loss, you can always get pregnant again if it suits your mood. Life itself is meaningless.

Yes it can turn around but we're not there yet.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:26 AM

306 posts, read 218,636 times
I voted YES but reversible...
It is definitely in decline,objectively ( statistics) & subjectively..
But it has a tremendous potential...
The quality & the high spirit of its people...

Old 11-25-2011, 11:39 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Lack of values particularly.

More kids are being born outside marriage and committed relationships than are born to married couples, more children are born to welfare programs like food stamps and Medicaid and will grow up believing that the world owes them a living. The work ethic is gone. People no longer believe in God or morals, or heaven and hell, it's anything goes. Get pregnant and change your mind about it -- just kill your own baby, no big loss, you can always get pregnant again if it suits your mood. Life itself is meaningless.

Yes it can turn around but we're not there yet.
You nailed but I said not reversible, because I don't believe we will.

Our grandparents would not tolerate the things we do in our lives; immigration is particularly a hot button issue: a hundred years ago people had to become American to live here...

Last edited by little elmer; 11-25-2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old 11-25-2011, 11:40 AM

799 posts, read 1,444,583 times
I think the cost of living in the U.S. has put us on a path to poverty. The reason I say we are declining is because very few Democrats or Republicans see the rising cost of living as an issue that needs to be addressed. We aren't proactive when it comes to domestic issues. The most probable course is further decline until the problem is so bad that our leaders will have no choice but to react to the situation. By then it's too late because we are already suffering.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:43 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Too many things to list, but I think it's reversible. I do think that it'll get worse before it gets better though.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:43 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
Demographics are destiny. America used to have the tallest and smartest population in the World. But first, they let in a group whom all considered to be trouble, out of compassion. They were starving. So what, if they were communicants of a religion most Americans had fled here to escape? And then came another problematic group, and still another...

Soon, America's Timepiece Industry was kaput. Switzerland took that over. And as more, and progressively-worse, groups came to America, things continued to get worse....incrementally...imperceptibly, worse.

They let in people from an island in the Mediterranean, known for its organized crime (I'm descended, in part, from those folks.). And they let in a group renowned as cheats and brothel-keepers (I'm descended from those, too.). Those people became a bit like Americans. But America also became a bit like them.

When young American men were thrown together, during the World Wars, the Lowest Common Denominator...the behavior of the Immigrant Hoodlums...became the new standard of behavior.

And with every incremental rise in people who are not English, not Dutch, not Swiss, not Scandinavian...the nation becomes incrementally more like the hellholes which spawned the problematic people. America becomes a bit more like the rest of the World.

Intelligence and behavior are highly heritable. When the unintelligent and badly-behaved are imported (or encouraged to reproduce without limit), the resulting impact upon the nation as a whole is quite predictable.

The kind of people who produced America's wealth and GOODNESS are now in the minority. What is happening is precisely what one would predict (and precisely what our enemies had hoped for).

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 11-25-2011 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: ...more...

Old 11-25-2011, 11:49 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Our welfare programs have created a growing population of people who do not contribute to our society in particularly meaningful ways...except to reproduce and create more people who pretty much are being carried by the rest of us.

That being said, I don't think we are necessarily fated to an irreversible decline because those people who do produce and achieve will continue to do so despite it being harder and harder and less and less politically correct.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:51 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
I think the cost of living in the U.S. has put us on a path to poverty. The reason I say we are declining is because very few Democrats or Republicans see the rising cost of living as an issue that needs to be addressed. We aren't proactive when it comes to domestic issues. The most probable course is further decline until the problem is so bad that our leaders will have no choice but to react to the situation. By then it's too late because we are already suffering.
The reason I don't think it's cost of living is because one of the problems is that millions of very impoverished people from countries with a very low cost of living are pouring over the border to our high cost of living country and having very large numbers of kids here -- in spite fo the fact our health care costs far more than their own.

It's more the very generous government programs of course that draw them, they know that health care is given free and every baby brings in more food stamps, more WIC, gets them bigger free housing.

If not for the easy access to welfare programs, of course our very high cost of living would be more a deterrent. It's far easier to be "poor" here than to have to work for a living in many other countries.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:54 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,516 times
Here's one reason that proves America is in decline:

Early-bird Black Friday turns ugly with 'shopping rage' incident - latimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies