Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 08:12 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
So only Conservatives dont like the NBA?? What a maroon.

I use to like the NBA, when I was in my teens in the 90's. It was actually enjoyable and fun to watch then. Over the past several years, there's just something about it that is lame and not fun anymore.

I will continue to ignore the fact that the NBA even exists. I was hoping I wouldnt have to avoid hearing this or that about it, but with this new deal it looks like Ill have to put a tiny bit of effort into avoiding it all.
lemme guess, youll still plan the day around the nfl, a league where if you touch the QB its a 15 yard penalty. not to mention phantom holding and pass interference calls

Old 11-26-2011, 08:13 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Seattle is one of the most liberal cities in the country. Baghdad Jim McDermott routinely is re-elected with 80% margins. He gets 100% or close from every liberal group you could think of. He gets a lifetime score of 2% from the American Conservative Union.
Jim McDermott - Ratings and Endorsements - Project Vote Smart

The upshot is that Seattle is a very liberal place indeed. Yet if you go on any of the big news web sites here, you'll find lots of comments along the same lines as what the OP attributes to conservatives.

Sorry, back to square one, OP.
Awww, nuts - you had to go and put actual facts into the conversation and ruin everything!

Old 11-26-2011, 08:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
I cant see why if they are upset the lockout has ended with the NBA Players, team owners are part of the 1% they do not want to raise their tax.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:14 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
It just seems to me that the basketball in the playoffs is a different game than the regular season and that the regular season reminds me of one long exhibition schedule. I don't really watch the NBA until playoff time.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:17 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I cant see why if they are upset the lockout has ended with the NBA Players, team owners are part of the 1% they do not want to raise their tax.
Because as someone pointed out, they want a bad economy to improve their odds in 2012. The only way someone is going to vote for the GOP is if the economy remains in the toilet.

NBA lockout hurts working class little guys | NJ.com

Old 11-26-2011, 08:18 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
The average NBA salary is now over $5 million/yr. This happens because so many Americans admire their skill and ability, regardless of skin color. How high does the salary have to go before the Savoire Faires realize that America, whether left, right, or center, is no longer a racist nation? $10 million? $100 million???

Old 11-26-2011, 08:23 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
Quote:
The average NBA salary is now over $5 million/yr. This happens because so many Americans admire their skill and ability, regardless of skin color. How high does the salary have to go before the Savoire Faires realize that America, whether left, right, or center, is no longer a racist nation? $10 million? $100 million???
nobody said america is a racist nation.

what i and many are tired of is racial trolling, which is done by conservative white males most of the time. i cant get in there heads and understand why they would resort to the ugliest form of trolling, so i call it for how i see it.

if these were white bankers getting bonuses they would say this is capitalism, this is whats great about america. black ball players its not such a friendly exchange.

i understand its the internet and many troll to get attention but its still dumb enough to call out.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:23 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
haha good point. Perhaps Savoir Faire can explain to us how it was all a plot by Rush Limbaugh to get the Sonics out of the clutches of lib Howard Shultz and liberal Seattle and into OKC, Clay Bennett, and his oil buddies. Oh wait but Rush doesn't like the NBA. OK this is getting confusing.
And why do conservatives watch NFL? It has tons of black players. And baseball? All latinos and foreigners. Yet still heavily supported by conservatives.

And why did Rush want to buy part of the St. Louis Rams? He was going to have pay black folk millions of dollars. Yet he was willing to do that. Some racist. LOLs.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:25 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
nobody said america is a racist nation.

what i and many are tired of is racial trolling, which is done by conservative white males most of the time. i cant get in there heads and understand why they would resort to the ugliest form of trolling, so i call it for how i see it.

if these were white bankers getting bonuses they would say this is capitalism, this is whats great about america. black ball players its not such a friendly exchange.

i understand its the internet and many troll to get attention but its still dumb enough to call out.
You can't even prove the people that made the comments on FOX are white. Are male. Or are conservative. You have no idea who those people are. None. Zip. Zero. Nada.

So why don't you stop trolling on C-D about trolls on Fox.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
I went to foxnews, and they were whining about it being the headline story, even though every newspaper around the country has it on there main page on the site.

Browsing through the 264 comments in the article I saw the typical jealous subtle racial trolling: bunch of thugs who cares, national geographic on the court, had to make a deal to get another escalade for the holidays from conservative white males.

It's funny how it's ok if bankers can make millions, but not black professional athletes.

Of course my belief is this. If you hate the NBA so much, why are you posting 10 times in the thread saying I won't watch, there overpaid, blah blah blah. That's the hilarious part of it. That's what they call being a hater. Hate to hate, because you are envious and jealous of them, which causes blind hate. I say grow up.

NBA Owners, Players Reach A Tentative Deal To End Lockout | Fox News
I am a conservative and I am not upset. I do get tired of these whiney, baby athlets thinking they are Gods and deserve evdrything, but that has nothing to do with their color. They could be green and they would still think they deserve more.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies