Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 03:56 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,504,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yes, and this is how politicians of either party raise money. But the Tea Party freshmen were going to be different, remember? They were not going to become part of that corruption. Instead, they were going to Washington to do the people's work, and in the process, change the way things were done in Washington. No longer would representatives be bought and paid for by special interests.

It sure didn't take long for that meme to die. Within a year, it turns out they're just more of the same.
This is the truth big time. They are no different just wack jobs.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:58 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,818,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yes, and this is how politicians of either party raise money. But the Tea Party freshmen were going to be different, remember? They were not going to become part of that corruption. Instead, they were going to Washington to do the people's work, and in the process, change the way things were done in Washington. No longer would representatives be bought and paid for by special interests.

It sure didn't take long for that meme to die. Within a year, it turns out they're just more of the same.
When did the Tea Party freshmen say that they weren't going to accept money from PACs? I get what you're saying but your ideas of different might not be the same as mine. From what I've seen so far those freshmen Tea Party members are dong the people's work and I'm quite satisfied with the outcome of the first Tea Party affected elections.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:11 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,202,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
There are no elections this year. Some have jobs. Or they could sit around in tents whining and complaining about nothing like some are. Like the previous poster said some are holding office now which was their goal.
No elections this year? Coulda fooled me! No national or even state elections here, but plenty of local stuff.

Denver Metro 2011 Election Results: Elections: The Denver Post

And look what happened in Ohio!

Ohio Voters Reject Public-Union Limits - WSJ.com

Mississippi:

Mississippi's "Personhood Amendment" fails at polls - CBS News

You can't tell me the TP wasn't in favor of this stuff.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No elections this year? Coulda fooled me! No national or even state elections here, but plenty of local stuff.

Mississippi:

In NC an entire school board of tea party nuts were swept out by democrats

Old 11-26-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Mississippi:

Local Tea Party groups were involved in all of those elections, they're just not important to everyone in the country and you didn't hear about them in national news every day at 6pm.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:21 PM

44,910 posts, read 59,894,528 times
She was the first obviously, as this ad from 2006 shows:

Democrat Harry Mitchell Places Opponent in Crosshairs - YouTube

Old 11-26-2011, 04:22 PM

24,453 posts, read 33,136,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
That spending has been going on fon 40 years and now on Jan of 2009 you get mad?
I, and other conservatives, have been complaining about government overspending before 2009. It's not a racial issue since Congress controls spending.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Local Tea Party groups were involved in all of those elections, they're just not important to everyone in the country and you didn't hear about them in national news every day at 6pm.
Daily Kos: Tea Party A$$ KICKED! Dem's control Wake County, NC (Raleigh) school board

Old 11-26-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I, and other conservatives, have been complaining about government overspending before 2009. It's not a racial issue since Congress controls spending.
Funny I didnt hear when bush was doing it?

Old 11-26-2011, 04:25 PM

Your link confirms what I said, what's the problem? The Tea Party was involved in the election on a local level.

You're talking about a local NC school board election... seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies