Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 12:27 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,628,646 times

Advertisements

and more Americans applying for them. The website for foodstamps:

ebt.jpmorgan.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 01:58 PM

anyone interested in learning who controls food stamps in the USA can now visit this site. Its run by corporate big banks that are bailed out by the Fed regularly.

Amazing how some posters attack poor Americans who cant feed their kids, yet approve of the Bush-Cheney useless wars still going on in Iraq and Afghanistan and depleting TRILLIONS of dollars in our country.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,631,880 times
The banksters made many deals with the states to handle the food stamps now they are electronically delivered.

Many hidden fees/fines and restrictions abound. And it's the same names every single time..Citi, BofA, JPM. But Americans refuse to wake up and see what's really going on.

Unemployment is also handled the same way..electronically and by the same big boyz of Wall Street.

And the very same banks are wining and dining corporate CEO's to get their hands on pension fund management.

The banksters truly do own us.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:06 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,257,603 times
Pardon my editing for accuracy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
...The Fed... is behind the useless wars still going on in Iraq and Afghanistan and depleting TRILLIONS of dollars [bills] in our country.
Arrogance of the FED:
U.S. Treasury - FAQs: Legal Tender Status of currency
"Federal Reserve notes are "backed" by all the goods and services in the economy."

"All the goods and services" - all that YOU thought was yours - was stolen by Congress and pledged to the Federal Reserve Corporation.
Correction - voluntarily 'donated' by you, thanks to FICA. And Congress can tax away EVERYTHING you thought you owned in order to redeem those "Dollar bills".

(Since 1933, no dollars have circulated. We've been under a continuous state of emergency, since that year.)

What "emergency", you ask?
Senate Report 93-549 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Emergency Powers Statutes, Senate Report SR 93-549, November 19, 1973
Its purpose was to discuss and address the 40 year long (as of 1973) state of emergency that had been in effect in the United States since 1933. During the continued state of emergency, Congress voted to transfer powers from Congress to the President.

Since March 9, 1933, the United States has been in a state of declared national emergency. In fact, there are now in effect four presidentially-proclaimed states of national emergency: In addition to the national emergency declared by President Roosevelt in 1933, there are also the national emergency proclaimed by President Truman on December 16, 1950, during the Korean conflict, and the states of national emergency declared by President Nixon on March 23, 1970, and August 15, 1971.

These proclamations give force to 470 provisions of Federal law. These hundreds of statutes delegate to the President extraordinary powers, ordinarily exercised by the Congress, which affect the lives of American citizens in a host of all-encompassing manners. This vast range of powers, taken together, confer enough authority to rule the country without reference to normal Constitutional processes.

Under the powers delegated by these statutes, the President may: seize property; organize and control the means of production; seize commodities; assign military forces abroad; institute martial law; seize and control all transportation and communication; regulate the operation of private enterprise; restrict travel; and, in a plethora of particular ways, control the lives of all American citizens.

A majority of the people of the United States have lived all of their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years [1933-1973], freedoms and governmental procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national emergency.
---------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps this is a good time to ask the Congress and the president to rescind the State of Emergency, and restore NORMAL constitutional processes.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:07 PM

Yes, and everyone acts like the government is too intrusive-lol. The corps. run this country and everyone in it. Its been that way since the 80's. remember the movie "Network" people were mad as hell and not going to take it anymore....well now we are all "taking it" and anyone not facing this reality is watching too much faux news. Even CNN and all others are sell-outs. Corp. puppets just like all presidents we will get from here on in.

The sad thing is people in this country would rather divide blue and red and watch "Dancing with the Stars". Lowest common denominator works great for corporations. Control of the masses and sheep before slaughter.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:26 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,855,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The banksters made many deals with the states to handle the food stamps now they are electronically delivered.

Many hidden fees/fines and restrictions abound. And it's the same names every single time..Citi, BofA, JPM. But Americans refuse to wake up and see what's really going on.

Unemployment is also handled the same way..electronically and by the same big boyz of Wall Street.

And the very same banks are wining and dining corporate CEO's to get their hands on pension fund management.

The banksters truly do own us.
My company is based out of Colorado, but I live in Seattle when I'm not over here. When I get my unemployment, after this tour is over, it comes in the form of a deposit made into an account which I access via a debit card. I have to use an ATM to get the money. Each time I use the ATM, there is a fee of 1 or two dollars - (can't remember, been two years since my last deployment)...anyway..... if there's less than 22 bucks.. I can't take it out - not enough for the "ATM fee". It just sits there, not being taken out. When I left for this tour I had about 15 bucks in there. It's been there for about 2 years. If it is still there, that is. Maybe they take it back..who knows.

Point is, I can't get the money I am rightfully owed, but the bank sure can use it, 'cuz it's just sitting there. Of course, one could argue that the "convenience" of the ATM makes this acceptable. Well, the nearest ATM that is in the "network" is about 25 minutes away. I have to withdraw $500 at a time - that's the limit per day- and make my way out of he shopping center it is located in, walking out to the parking lot with $500 bucks in twenties on me. After several people in line/in that area have just seen me withdrawing a big pile of money.

Contrast that to getting a check in the mail, and then walking the 10 minutes to the bank, depositing it, and getting all of my money in an account that I control. There used to be a choice. There's no more choice any more. That's what it's coming down to.

Choice.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:39 PM

Interesting how no one Dem OR Repub takes on the big banks....America is now an Imperialist corporate welfare country....No more democracy.

And the dumbing down of the mass public with media pablum continues..........

Old 11-07-2010, 12:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,631,880 times
Quote:
Interesting how no one Dem OR Repub takes on the big banks....America is now an Imperialist corporate welfare country....No more democracy.

And the dumbing down of the mass public with media pablum continues..........
And the Fed is on Jekyll Island celebrating 100 years.
Are they really celebrating.."Game over..we win" ?

Old 11-07-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Yes and the idiot on CNN was raving how greedy Wall Street was on a rally after the Fed bailed them out YET AGAIN last week.

And no one is objecting.....or bringing jobs for the middle class.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:03 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,054,952 times
Quote:
Quote:
Yes and the idiot on CNN was raving how greedy Wall Street was on a rally after the Fed bailed them out YET AGAIN last week.

And no one is objecting.....or bringing jobs for the middle class.
Are you saying the Republican Party is bringing jobs to the middle class?...

The Money Masters - Part 1 of 2

The Money Masters - Part 2 of 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies