Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 11:56 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times

Advertisements

Dave Ramsey Homepage - daveramsey.com

Were Dave to advise Uncle Sam i think he would say quit the spending and get another job to pay off the debt also sell a bunch of stuff. How do you see it. Does he give sound advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 11:59 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
dave ramsey sounds really weird to most people in 2011. but he is not saying anything different than what was normal 50 years ago. americans have bought hook line and sinker the perverted keynes doctrine that says u can debt your way out of debt. no, mr ronald reagan, debt is not meaningless.
dave ramsey for president.
for the reality check we so desperately need, u need to pay for stuff not sign for stuff. it will make you think twice about overspending.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:00 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Dave Ramsey Homepage - daveramsey.com

Were Dave to advise Uncle Sam i think he would say quit the spending and get another job to pay off the debt also sell a bunch of stuff. How do you see it. Does he give sound advice?

Well can you post something that he has said other than just sending us to his website. He is a good financial advisor. He thinks Peter Schiff is an idiot. So I automatically think he has credibility.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well can you post something that he has said other than just sending us to his website. He is a good financial advisor. He thinks Peter Schiff is an idiot. So I automatically think he has credibility.
Dave is pretty well known. What should i have posted oh wise sage! lol

Old 11-01-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Dave is pretty well known. What should i have posted oh wise sage! lol
I have no idea. I mean you just asked what we think of him. Does not leave a whole lot of room for discussion other than we like him, which I do. He is a good personal money manager and offers very good sound advice that people could benefit from. How is that either political or controversial?

Old 11-01-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I have no idea. I mean you just asked what we think of him. Does not leave a whole lot of room for discussion other than we like him, which I do. He is a good personal money manager and offers very good sound advice that people could benefit from. How is that either political or controversial?
I think it controversial because some say his ideas are not really workable. Those loving credit cards i assume.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I think it controversial because some say his ideas are not really workable. Those loving credit cards i assume.
Well his ideas, which are not that novel, require a little bit of self discipline.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:14 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
I listen to that show on occassion. I admit its the people who call in. Like watching a car accident.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:18 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
dave ramsey sounds really weird to most people in 2011. but he is not saying anything different than what was normal 50 years ago. americans have bought hook line and sinker the perverted keynes doctrine that says u can debt your way out of debt. no, mr ronald reagan, debt is not meaningless.
dave ramsey for president.
for the reality check we so desperately need, u need to pay for stuff not sign for stuff. it will make you think twice about overspending.
Actually you could very well debt your way out of debt if the American people had the power to print and coin their own money supply. Money is an abstract form of law nothing more nothing less. It means nothing in a 21st century world, do you understand the concept of money? The problem with America like most western nations is the power to print and coin money is in the hands of private bankers that print this money as they see fit and then turn around and charge the American people interest. Americans fail to realize that it doesn't matter how much spending they cut or what they sell off ala Dave Ramsey. THE POWER STILL LIES IN THE HANDS OF PRIVATE BANKS!!!!!!!!!!! WHY? Because the bankers have been controlling the USA and the industrialized world for hundreds of years. The concept of money is nothing new.......how it is controlled is. The Romans fought this same beast. Jefferson and Jackson were lamenting against the bankers and private money creation since our inception. But like lemmings we just keep paying lip service to the corrupt system of money creation that has us as a nation in the debt and grip of banks. We need a central bank that is controlled by the people aka government that prints debt free money. But the problem with that is we can't trust our government to represent our interests and we need an efficient, ethical, and honest government to run a central bank. We don't have that and who knows if we ever could. So we are screwed either way.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:19 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Dave's message is pretty simple...live within your means and put some savings away for the future. Seems like a message our government could stand to learn. Perhaps he should be treasury secratary???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies