Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 10:23 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The religious right would have a heart attack if you wanted to teach them birth control.
Of course, then they complain about paying for welfare to support all of these unwanted kids.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:27 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The native Americans were created after the ratification of the Constitution. Indians are not the native Americans. The indigenous Americans are the descendants of the original citizens. These are the natural born citizens. The naturals. The Anglo Saxons. This is why the Framers..used the word natural in natural born citizen.

Shakespeare..Henry the V..."are all thy children kind and natural"....One of the Framers wrote after they finished the Constitution.."we returned to the ancient Saxon customs"
Wow, I nominate this for the most idiotic statement I have ever seen.

Before the next time you use the term Anglo-Saxon, look up what it means.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:30 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times
An article in a 1880 Washington newspaper...

"Chief Justice Waite came to the bar naturally by descent.."

Old 11-27-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post

Before the next time you use the term Anglo-Saxon, look up what it means.
You cannot prove my statement wrong...you can only make personal attacks...this means you lost the argument.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:31 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Hands down, no competition.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:33 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
They are aborting themselves out of political power.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:34 PM

"are all thy children kind and natural"....who are the natural children Shakespeare refers???

When you know this...you are enlightened.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:34 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by draggingcanoe View Post
"are all thy children kind and natural"....who are the natural children shakespeare refers???

When you know this...you are enlightened.
wtf????

Old 11-27-2011, 10:39 PM

"Observations Concerning the Increase of Mankind" Ben Franklin

an excerpt...

That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small.

All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny.

America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion;

as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth.

I could wish their Numbers were increased. (Whites)

And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People?

why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red?

But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:41 PM

267 posts, read 175,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It's tough to say, as it's so subjective. There's certainly a genetic reason to say so, but I also notice in recent years black and white Americans have more of a kinship than in the past due to shared American-ness, perhaps because of immigration and globalization. That's only for some, still...just reading these forums you see alot of white people still harbor deep-seated prejudices against blacks that will probably never go away.
I disagree; like someone said, "if I don't like a black person it is because that person is being an a-hole, not because they are black,".
I wish people would knock off the 'skin color' thing. It isn't about that at all! It is in the BEHAVIOR. You act like an a-hole, I won't like you. That goes for all people.
It is NEVER about a skin color. Don't be smart-mouth, loud, aggressive, nasty, or arrogant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies