Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 11:12 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times

Advertisements

Americans are stupid:

Dylan Moran - Americans are divorced from reality. - YouTube

Old 11-27-2011, 11:13 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,586,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Germans paying close attention to American politics is all the proof I need to see that your first statement is bull****.

If shallow Germans want to vote for someone because the speak well and can read off of a teleprompter let them do it. Americans on the other hand care about things like policy, our economy and important things like that.
Our Economy is in better shape by miles than your economy. So what is your point? We care about substance in politics, thats why we dont elect village idiots.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:14 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
I'm very happy to live in Germany, thank you. It seems like you need a self-esteem boost. But i guess when american conservatives run out of arguments, they start getting personal.
If you're very happy to live in Germany why are you so interested in American politics? I guess when german conservatives run out of out of excuses they start to backpedal.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:14 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
No one in Europe thinks Obama is a village idiot. A lot of Europeans thought that about GWB however. The only ones who think Obama is a village idiot, is the right-wing lunatic fringe in the U.S. They don't exist in Europe. When Obama came to Germany he was drawing crowds of hundreds of thousands in Berlin. I very much doubt Bachmann or Palin would draw even 1 % of that in Europe.
Yes, and they thought Reagan was too. They pretty much think all Republicans are village idiots and worship all Democrats. Unlike Europe we are a right center country, that is why we are about ten years behind Europe on the road to bankruptcy. The fact is Obama's neoconservative foreign policy, expansion of government into medicine and running massive deficits is simply an extension of GW's policies. They are both village idiots.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Our Economy is in better shape by miles than your economy. So what is your point? We care about substance in politics, thats why we dont elect village idiots.
You don't elect village idiots, you just fawn over them like a bunch of obsessed morons... but then again Germans always have had a problem with letting crazy ideology get out of hand. Let's hope you guys don't decide that killing an entire race of people sounds fun again.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:21 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
I'm very happy to live in Germany, thank you. It seems like you need a self-esteem boost. But i guess when american conservatives run out of arguments, they start getting personal.

You have conservatives mixed up with liberals.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:21 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
I hope americans get that. But I would like to know if americans think like that. You get that for example that over in Europe Bachmann and Palin are laughing stocks right?
Are americans embarassed at all how their country is portrayed to the rest of the world?
Portrayed by whom?

Old 11-27-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Portrayed by whom?
By people who don't really matter, that's who.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:29 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times
Quote:
Both Europe and the U.S. are on the verge of Bankruptcy.
The U.S. is not on the verge of bankruptcy, by repeating stupid false talking points you make yourself look stupid too.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:29 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
And just how many Europeans have you checked in with? When you get up to 1, or perhaps 2, let us know. Until then, well your statements are dismissed as what they are, BS.

One more think if you every talk to a European in Europe that agrees with your drivel, ask them if they formed their opinions after listening to either one at some length, or just the media's assessment of them. The bias in the US media is stifling, but you already know that.

As someone who has a lot of EU friends and family, and who spends a significant chunk of time in Europe every year, I can tell you that YOUR statements are absolute BS.

Itsjustmeagain's statement, on the other hand, is completely accurate!

Based on your statement, I would think that you are out of touch with reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies