Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 05:57 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,837,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
What planet do you live on?
I'm not sure but if Uranus has a stupid brother planet called Ignoramus he would be from that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 05:58 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,958,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Yes, him compromising and ticking off the left-wing of the Democratic party highlights Obama's obvious partisanship.

This is another good example of why you can't trust the GOP. They took the country to the brink of default. Now they want to weasel out the deal they forced on everyone else. Typical.
Nice try but you can't rewrite history. It wasn't the GOP who deregulated the banks and Wall Street and allowed mortgage backed securities and credit default swaps to be used unchecked ... and the GOP did not push Affordable Housing to allow the sub-prime market to grow with people getting loans that didn't have the capacity to make the payments ... this was the democrats ... this is what brought us to the brink and Obama is pushing us over the cliff with continued deficit spending!!!

Old 11-27-2011, 06:00 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,751,574 times
Quote:
Nice try but you can't rewrite history. It wasn't the GOP who deregulated the banks and Wall Street and allowed mortgage backed securities and credit default swaps to be used unchecked ... and the GOP did not push Affordable Housing to allow the sub-prime market to grow with people getting loans that didn't have the capacity to make the payments ... this was the democrats!!!
Was I even talking about that? Next time you quote, please make sense.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Validate your claim that this country is going to "hell".
I didnt say that
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Validate your claim by telling me how taxing more, and reducing more money in the economy, is supposed to stop this country going to hell.
I was responding to someone who did
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
The country goes to Hell while the people who are supposedly there to make it better/get it back on track are just carefully guarding their political career.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:05 PM

267 posts, read 174,871 times
Quote:
Yes, him compromising and ticking off the left-wing of the Democratic party highlights Obama's obvious partisanship.

This is another good example of why you can't trust the GOP. They took the country to the brink of default, now they want to weasel out the deal they forced on everyone else. Typical.
Wait a minute. You think SPENDING more is going to help our country? We were downgraded for the first time in 235 years and Obama is at the helm. Obama is wanting to pass the Dream Act, (I think they did?) That is giving amnesty to the illegals AGAIN. We had an amnesty in 1986, how did that work? How many times do we have to do that? Could it be Obama wants their vote? Then Obama wants to give those illegals, FREE COLLEGE. How many of our citizens get to do that? The way I understand it, the ILLEGALS cost the rest of us USA taxpayers about 340 BILLION a year to sustain. A lot is food stamps etc, and free medical. They come here for their FREE organ transplant. In mexico they would have to PAY for that. Don't forget Mexico also has DOCTORS , it isn't just America. but, only here, is it FREE to them. What a racket. Those transplants cost us, you and me, about one million dollars EACH.
So, just take that 340 billion times three, I believe that makes about ONE TRILLION dollars. If we could cut out all the WELFARE help to the CRIMINAL ILLLEGALS, our country might get some relief. I am all for America, first. Oh, then with everything that is given to these illegals, they fly their Mexican flag in the US. Lots of gratitude. NOT.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumntimetwo View Post
Wait a minute. You think SPENDING more is going to help our country? We were downgraded for the first time in 235 years and Obama is at the helm. Obama is wanting to pass the Dream Act, (I think they did?) That is giving amnesty to the illegals AGAIN. We had an amnesty in 1986, how did that work? How many times do we have to do that? Could it be Obama wants their vote? Then Obama wants to give those illegals, FREE COLLEGE. How many of our citizens get to do that? The way I understand it, the ILLEGALS cost the rest of us USA taxpayers about 340 BILLION a year to sustain. A lot is food stamps etc, and free medical. They come here for their FREE organ transplant. In mexico they would have to PAY for that. Don't forget Mexico also has DOCTORS , it isn't just America. but, only here, is it FREE to them. What a racket. Those transplants cost us, you and me, about one million dollars EACH.
So, just take that 340 billion times three, I believe that makes about ONE TRILLION dollars. If we could cut out all the WELFARE help to the CRIMINAL ILLLEGALS, our country might get some relief. I am all for America, first. Oh, then with everything that is given to these illegals, they fly their Mexican flag in the US. Lots of gratitude. NOT.
Where did I say anything about spending more?

Old 11-27-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Was I even talking about that? Next time you quote, please make sense.
You claimed the GOP took this country to the brink ... I'm saying your wrong and it was the democrats that took us to the brink.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
You claimed the GOP took this country to the brink ... I'm saying your wrong and it was the democrats that took us to the brink.
Of default. Please try to keep up.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Of default. Please try to keep up.
That's wrong also

Old 11-27-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
That's wrong also
You can have your own opinion, but the facts are not debatable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies