Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:06 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryOnLiquor View Post
bat **** crazy religious loon
I am no fan of Bachmann,
but it will be a cold day in Hades when a liberal describes any of the 9/11 hijackers in the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 08:08 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
The 7 Types Of Republican Idiots | Addicting Info

A pretty concise analysis, though very sad how it hits the mark.
I was going to hit the link, but then I thought...
what is the difference these days between Obama as
President and George Walker Bush Jr. ....
Absolutely nothing....say it again.....
REAL facts. Two war mongering Presidents in a row -
unbelievable... unacceptable....unelectable....

Edwin Starr - War (What Is It Good For?) - YouTube

Ron Paul 2012 Official Campaign Website

Old 11-28-2011, 08:09 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
LOL I love these threads "I am superior and XYZ because.."

Conservatives and Liberals are extremely different.

See, a Conservative who doesn't like guns, doesn't buy them. A Liberal who doesn't like guns, wants ALL guns banned.

A Conservative who has no health insurance, shops around and buys his/hers own health insurance ( or gets it through benefits AT WORK).. Liberals want everyone to pay for everybody else's.

Are you really proud of a party who thinks those who work should give the lazy ones a free ride?

There are things about the Republican part I simply cannot stand but to sit back and act like Liberals are 100% correct in everything they believe and do is plain ignorant.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:16 AM

425 posts, read 653,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

See, a Conservative who doesn't like guns, doesn't buy them. A Liberal who doesn't like guns, wants ALL guns banned.

A Conservative who has no health insurance, shops around and buys his/hers own health insurance ( or gets it through benefits AT WORK).. Liberals want everyone to pay for everybody else's.

Are you really proud of a party who thinks those who work should give the lazy ones a free ride?

There are things about the Republican part I simply cannot stand but to sit back and act like Liberals are 100% correct in everything they believe and do is plain ignorant.
Can I buy you a drink, ArmyChick?

Old 11-28-2011, 08:29 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
The 7 Types Of Republican Idiots | Addicting Info

A pretty concise analysis, though very sad how it hits the mark.

Interesting and true, alot of thought went in this

Old 11-28-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Again, the arrogant and incorrect presumption of intellectual superiority by liberals. I am embarrassed for them. All liberals are brilliant- just ask them.
Compared to the above foremention republicans.......Of course

Old 11-28-2011, 08:38 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,786 times
I used to think republicans were just different, but there seems to be a consistency in the way they think that doesn't correlate with reality. Sociologists and psychologists have tried to understand the conservative mind. Even anthropologists have given their take on why people are still extremely conservative in a modern society.

Other republicans have left the party because even they noticed it was going crazy.

I don't think they are just a separate set of beliefs, their ideology is starting to become questionable in reality.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

Well since you want to generalize, Republicans only look at one side when it comes to helping others, "those who are lazy and do not want to work" ignoring the fact that there are people that cannot work due to sickness, age or disability. I wonder how many of them who are working suddenly lose their jobs will turn to the government for help?

As far as the gun issue, many people cannot grasp the idea of anyone needing to own a 50 caliber automatic weapon, hunting and self protection is one thing, but a military assault rifle....really? Ironically the same people that are pushing for the right to own such weapons are the same people that push for more police protection from the criminals that use them.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:56 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,580 times
Nothing to see here, just another close-minded rant based on negative conservative stereotypes. Jesus was a Liberal? I can't believe some are still clinging to that idea.

Why do Liberals who seek equality and respect for every lifestyle exclude Conservatives or religious (usually Christian) individuals? Why should everyone else be worthy of respect while Conservatives are morons who are completely open to consequence-free ridicule?

Where is this supposed compassion and acceptance Liberals are always clamoring for? It doesn't apply to everyone, apparently. Look no further than some of the absolutely horrible things said about Conservatives both online and in public by celebrities. Hollywood hate-speech is a neverending rant of contempt aimed at people of differing opinion who have no comparable public podium.

Liberals seem to only be accepting if you agree with them, else you're the enemy. Hardly the compassionate group they purport to be.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:57 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Again, the arrogant and incorrect presumption of intellectual superiority by liberals. I am embarrassed for them. All liberals are brilliant- just ask them.
Pot, meet kettle...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies