Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 01:59 PM

1,081 posts, read 915,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
That's embarrassing a 70 point half, that game should have been called after the first quarter. The losing school has 180 students, maybe it would have been closer if the entire school played against that team. Should have been a mercy rule and the losing coach should be fired.
Fire the players maybe along with the coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 02:22 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
The Left's legacy, where being successful is a crime.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:01 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
That's embarrassing a 70 point half, that game should have been called after the first quarter. The losing school has 180 students, maybe it would have been closer if the entire school played against that team. Should have been a mercy rule and the losing coach should be fired.
The middle school coach should be fired? You must be kidding..! He is most likely a non paid volunteer, who also teaches sewing...
This isn't a college that makes millions a year on their athletic program...
Think before trying...!!

Old 11-28-2011, 03:41 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Yes, he wants facts to support your argument, I guess that is too much to ask for.
This kuchief person starts off the topic by blaming Liberals for some inequality in a basket ball game then wants me to prove him wrong??
I got better things to do than play that stupid game.You prove your own accusations or your whole line of logic is pointless..
Hey KuChief your full of .. baloney, prove me wrong..

Old 11-28-2011, 04:37 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Maybe they could just "redistribute" the points. Take away 50 points from the good team, the one that worked hard and was successful. Then give them to the loosers, those lacking in ability or perhaps that didn't put in the effort. Then let the poor team win...that would be a life lesson with the way this country is going. The lesson being that if you work hard, have abiltiy and develop your skills, you'll be attacked as bullys, blamed for hurting others feelings and punished for it by having the results of your efforts taken from you.

And on the other side, you'll learn that skill, ability and effort don't matter. You can sit on your butts, perform poorly, but still be handed everything in life. Maybe the "loosers" should have an "Occupy" protest...

Old 11-28-2011, 04:39 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,654 times
I blame OWS for this mess. Too late, someone beat me to the punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
Punishing success results in a nation full of losers.

Need evidence? Check out any one of the "Occupy protests". Nothing but crowds full of losers wanting to punish those more successful than them.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LOL. You actually took the time to look that up.
The Puppy doesn't like to think that it is progs that have caused all that let everybody be a winner crap. Most of THEM here just can't accept that at all.

This thread has me wondering if I was being a bit lefty back in 1958 and my football team was beating the poop out of a team of much bigger kids. When the score hit 21 - 0 I pulled my first string defense and those big kids were laughing and giggling all over themselves when they scored so fast. I put the starters back in and told them to score as fast as they could. It took 3 or 4 plays.

That was in the days of 6 man football and they had a mercy rule like the one ion 8-man today. To get the other team really humiliated I had my folks punt on first down the rest of the 1st half. That had to be painful to think that we weren't going to let them score but let them have the ball all the time. You can do that kind of thing in football but it is very hard to do in basketball.

If those kids have their season taken away from them because obviously the opposition wasn't coached very well, or not at all, somebody deserves to have their butts cut into with butter knives.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:38 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
somebody deserves to have their butts cut into with butter knives.
That's quite a disturbing comment there.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:42 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
What the F*ck is this sh*t? I can't believe you guys have nothing better to do with your daily lives than to b*tch and moan about a middle school basketball game and try to somehow link it to the left and progressives. Really? Really? You have to be f*cking kidding me. Sometimes, the sh*t in here gets so stupid.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:47 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Reality is a tough pill to swallow. Lefties created this mess that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies