Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 09:37 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
This is extremely offensive. Can we not have opposing views without the need for such hate?
Why is stating the truth offensive? If you can't handle it that's on you. Keep that junk where it belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I agreed with everything you said up until then. I have my beliefs, and respect that other people have theirs. I could care less if Obama did or didn't mention God, his belief of lack of belief is not my concern or business. You had your point across, but had to add that last insult. You know damn well that insulting something as sacred and personal as someone's religous beliefs is just going to infuriate, so why not just keep it to yourself?
I stand by what I added and could care less who gets salty. I made the point excatly how I wanted it made. Religious people are never sorry when they're trying to force that nonsense into politics and public education. I'm not sorry for forcefully stating my opinion on an internet forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 09:38 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Well, as a Christian, I am neither surprised, nor give a damn.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:41 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
And we get the 'view' from the left....coast! Truth hurts, right, pal?

What truth is that, and how is it hurting me? I'm a Christian genius, I just don't take the entire bible literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
A good example of the various idiotic references to this fairytale creatures by on of your leaders.
If you're going to make an arrogant generalization about billions of people, you should check your grammar and make sure what your writing makes sense.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:51 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
If you're going to make an arrogant generalization about billions of people, you should check your grammar and make sure what your writing makes sense.
It was a lazy edit on my tablet... takes to much time to fix grammar... and frankly, I could care less. However, I got my point across. Sometimes the truth is arrogant.

But I'll clarify for you:

God = fairytale creature.
Thanksgiving - Has nothing to do with god
Declaration of Thanksgiving - idiotic that it involved the reference of god.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:59 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It was a lazy edit on my tablet... takes to much time to fix grammar... and frankly, I could care less. However, I got my point across. Sometimes the truth is arrogant.

But I'll clarify for you:

God = fairytale creature.
Thanksgiving - Has nothing to do with god
Declaration of Thanksgiving - idiotic that it involved the reference of god.
All your opinion. I have my beliefs, you have yours. I respect your right to believe whatever the hell you want, yet you feel the need to mock and degrade anyone who believes in a higher power. Many who believe in God including myself have stated that we could care less if Obama mentioned God or not. But the constant bashing of Christianity around here is an a-hole move. Believe what you want and keep your rude ass opinions to yourself.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Obama Criticized for Leaving God Out of Thanksgiving Address - Fox News Video - Fox News

The guy's actions (lack of) speak loud and clear to wise folks!
Absolutely! Wise folks appreciate the fact that god has no place in the affairs of government. Kudos to President Obama for being cognizant of that....

Old 11-28-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
All your opinion. I have my beliefs, you have yours. I respect your right to believe whatever the hell you want, yet you feel the need to mock and degrade anyone who believes in a higher power. Many who believe in God including myself have stated that we could care less if Obama mentioned God or not. But the constant bashing of Christianity around here is an a-hole move. Believe what you want and keep your rude ass opinions to yourself.
Did you even read the posts I was quoting? The first one saying that those who are not religious (specifically christian) are not wise, and the other mocking ones right to celebrate Thanksgiving if you're not a believe of god?

If you keep pushing that I cannot enjoy Thanksgiving with my family because I don't care about god, yes, this is exactly the type of response you're going to get from me. You stop bashing my choice to have Thanksgiving in my life, and I'll stop bashing your right to have god in yours.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:13 PM

1,348 posts, read 2,858,110 times
Why do we need to thank an invisible imaginary man?

God doesn't exist.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post
Why do we need to thank an invisible imaginary man?

God doesn't exist.
Because god would appreciate it if he did exist?

Old 11-28-2011, 10:23 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
If we lived in a Theocracy perhaps this might be an issue, but since thankfully we don't live in a theocracy this is meaningless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies