Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 01:13 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not me, Matt Taibbi.

Did you even bother to read it? It's pretty damning :
Obama's Big Sellout: The President has Packed His Economic Team with Wall Street Insiders
I know what it says. But the same finger pointing you guys are trying to do at obama, romney is just as guilty. Or did you not read the link I posted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I know what it says. But the same finger pointing you guys are trying to do at obama, romney is just as guilty. Or did you not read the link I posted?
Romney is NOT the POTUS!

Old 11-29-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Romney is NOT the POTUS!
So what is your point? Romney is running for POTUS!
So that makes it ok for him to be swooned and bought by the bankers prior to
possible nomination and possible election?

That is the damn problem get the banks and money out of politics. Period.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
So what is your point? Romney is running for POTUS!
So that makes it ok for him to be swooned and bought by the bankers prior to
possible nomination and possible election?

That is the damn problem get the banks and money out of politics. Period.
If you don't understand the difference, then there is NO hope for you. Key word here in your post. "POSSIBLE". We have a DEFINITE POTUS who is doing this and you focus on POSSIBLE?

Old 11-29-2011, 01:19 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am not saying the regulatory police are doing a good job; however, that does not absolve the criminals. If a man robs a bank, do you blame the police for not catching him without blaming the person who actually robbed the bank? We seem to be giving the criminal a pass and focusing on the regulators. I agree we should be doing more to catch the criminals. That is the whole point of the thread, but lets not forget who the criminals are and let them off the hook.
If the police fail to catch the robber because they have been bribed, or are inept, or are crooks, then yes I would blame the police more than the robber.

We give the Dept of Justice $28 billion dollars per year to do their job. The fact that they (under Obama's direction) choose to pursue pot heads, prostitutes and unpasteurized milk distributors rather than criminal bankers tells me they are either bribed, inept or crooks themselves. So yes, they are much more evil than the criminal bankers at Frannie and Freddie.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
If you don't understand the difference, then there is NO hope for you. Key word here in your post. "POSSIBLE". We have a DEFINITE POTUS who is doing this and you focus on POSSIBLE?
Are you kidding me?

So do you think that obama is the first and ONLY POTUS who has ever had ws in their backpockets? Do you think it is ok for possible POTUS' to not only do so but do so with such smugness and arrogance?

Old 11-29-2011, 01:25 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So you are essentially saying the Dept of Justice didn't do it's job, but that's OK because they have been bribed by bankers?

I think you have it backwards. The only role of Dept of Justice is to enforce the laws and prosecute criminals. I hold them to a much higher standard than business owners.

When business owners commit a crime, we have government to prosecute them. When government fails to do it's job, we have NOWHERE to turn... other than a revolution to replace government. Government crimes and failures are worse than business crimes and failures by an order of magnitude.
Securities and Exchange Commission.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:35 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
If the police fail to catch the robber because they have been bribed, or are inept, or are crooks, then yes I would blame the police more than the robber.

We give the Dept of Justice $28 billion dollars per year to do their job. The fact that they (under Obama's direction) choose to pursue pot heads, prostitutes and unpasteurized milk distributors rather than criminal bankers tells me they are either bribed, inept or crooks themselves. So yes, they are much more evil than the criminal bankers at Frannie and Freddie.
The securities and exchange committee regulates wall street, but it would seem that the house is trying to take their legs out from underneath them by cutting their budget thereby taking away their ability to prosecute and enforce regulations.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/16/bu...ness.html?_r=1

Old 11-29-2011, 01:36 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post

They have been lieing cheating and stealing for so long. Lets stop with the fines and start with the jail.
Lol, as soon as they break a law.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding me?

So do you think that obama is the first and ONLY POTUS who has ever had ws in their backpockets? Do you think it is ok for possible POTUS' to not only do so but do so with such smugness and arrogance?
Don't you remember Obama saying that NO LOBBYISTS will find a job in his administration? Remember that? Now eat crow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies