Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 02:15 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times

Advertisements

This never gets old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSXJzybEeJM

"I like how you call homosexuality an abomination. I'm also interested in selling my daughter into slavery."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 03:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
I had no problem with that video. Just like I have no problem with same-sex marriage.

[it's not the end of the world]

Old 11-29-2011, 03:36 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,951,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Those so in favor of what Australia is doing.....can always move there!

Or move to states like New York, Massachussets, DC or Iowa, where gays are allowed to marry.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:55 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes, you have reports that show this is due to gay marriages?

Of course you fail to realize that young people are not getting married at 20 or 30 these days, and more and more are choosing not to have children or having children later in life, and not having multiple children (this is case for the United States as well).

Nothing to do with gay marriages

btw, only 4 countries in Europe have legalized and recognized gay marriages -- how many countries are in the European union? Hint: its more than 25
So children raised by gay parents have no propensity towards being gay? I don't believe all gays are born that way. With all the gay liberation it seems odd that there are so many more gays in their their 20's now than there ever were. And I don't think it is just that they were afraid to come out and now they're not.
By the way don't accuse everyone who is against gay marriage of bigotry towards gays. Many gays I know want nothing to do with gay marriage anyway.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:00 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
So children raised by gay parents have no propensity towards being gay? I don't believe all gays are born that way. With all the gay liberation it seems odd that there are so many more gays in their their 20's now than there ever were. And I don't think it is just that they were afraid to come out and now they're not.
By the way don't accuse everyone who is against gay marriage of bigotry towards gays. Many gays I know want nothing to do with gay marriage anyway.
Do you believe all straight people are born that way? ..... but all gays are not.... Kind of a weird thought, ain't it. Seems logical though. If you're born gay, you could turn straight and if you're born straight you can turn gay. OR maybe you were just born that way. Someone should write a catchy dance tune for this. Cue video starting @ 2:50.

Lady Gaga - Born This Way - YouTube

Then someone should mock it.

Perform This Way (Parody of "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga) - YouTube

Old 11-29-2011, 04:03 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,967,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Because no-one other then gays care about same sex marriages ~duh~

Same response as my first...

Ahhh the second gay response, accuse someone of trolling when closed minded bigots doesn't work....

Gays are so predictable in their responses...
I am retired and am not gay, never have been, never will be. I'm interested in gay rights just the same as you may be interested in gun rights. It's a human rights issue. I've also noticed that some people who express the most hate may be harboring the most inclinations...

Old 11-29-2011, 04:43 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
No, children raised by gay parents have no propensity for being gay. Probably 99% of all gays were raised by your typical heterosexual families. The overwhelming majority of gays have no choice in the matter.

As for liberation, it's exactly that people are less afraid of coming out. A few decades ago, coming out as gay could easily get you killed or abused. As society has become more accepting, more gays feel safe to admit they are gay. The statistics on the gay population have not changed. They have been quite consistent for all of human history.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:52 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Australia! you freaking rock

It's time. - YouTube

Australians are jerks. I guess you have never been to Australia or New Zealand. You can save yourself some travel time and expense and just ask a New Zealander about Australians.

BTW- New Zealanders are very nice. Australians are as*holes on a good day, mate.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:00 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,967,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
BTW- New Zealanders are very nice. Australians are as*holes on a good day, mate.
60% of New Zealanders support same sex marriage.

http://www.researchnz.com/pdf/Media%...0marriages.pdf

Old 11-29-2011, 11:32 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Australians are jerks. I guess you have never been to Australia or New Zealand. You can save yourself some travel time and expense and just ask a New Zealander about Australians.

Oh really? I have several friends from Australia who are nice. I lived down under for a year and none of the natives were ever jerks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies