Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 05:55 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Once again your ignorance is showing. I'm a Republican and I have clearly stated, many pages back, that I have witnessed how horses being shipped to other countries for meat are treated.

I don't give a flying rat's arse who signed this bill, if it will prevent horses from suffering that kind of treatment, I'm apt to support it. I want to read the bill, it its entirety before I say I support or don't but the point is, you clearly do not understand Republicans and just made yourself look like a fool.
Well said . It was in 2006 that the horse slaughter was banned credit Bush ? The L A S T slaughterhouse was in Illinois , not a Republican stronghold . I thought we got rid of the Illinois barbarians but now we have one in the White house.
OOOh I'm so mad .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
This thread is a good example of the emotion driven portion of the population and how logic or commonsense matters little when forming their opinions.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:01 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
If they are good horses other horse people will help out a friend. Since they have no job they could go work for the person on their place to pay for hay and the help they are given.

It is a cop out!

When they first lost their job they should have been trying to find a place for their horse just in case.

YOu can always work something out with a vet for payments and borrow the money for a dump run or a rendering plant fee.

setting your horse free is a cop out
Every horse owner I have met has taken in horses from other horse owners that fell on hard times. Its a better community of people than those who let their own family live on the street.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:30 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Like 25 years ago I went to a Lancaster County horse auction and struck up a conversation with a man who was there with a lady inspector who was some kind of animal rights official. Maybe it was the ASPCA. He told me how the amish are very hard on their horses( watch them pull buggies in 95 degree heat or 20 degree cold) and wear them out in a few years and then sell them off and buy new ones. He said many of the horses were heading to the "chop shop". I don't know if he meant a rendering plant( fertilizer) or a slaughterhouse but he said they sent the meat overseas for the french who eat it.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:41 AM

417 posts, read 365,777 times
I don't see the difference in eating a cow or a horse or a pig.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:46 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
It appears that some think the idea of slaughtering horses is abhorrent,because horses are nice.

Of course,their solution to the problem is....ohh,that is right,they don't HAVE a solution.

They do however like to complain.
Please, like you never complain.
Or play the devils advocate when it suits you.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:52 AM

Well it appears your opposition to the slaughter of unwanted horses is because a person can ride it,for pleasure mostly, it deserves to be treated better than all other livestock.

I like horses well enough,they serve little purpose but they are nice to look at.

But then so are cattle,but raising cattle solely for slaughter is perfectly okay.

What is your solution to the large numbers of unwanted horses in this country?

Old 12-01-2011, 06:57 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well it appears your opposition to the slaughter of unwanted horses is because a person can ride it,for pleasure mostly, it deserves to be treated better than all other livestock.

I like horses well enough,they serve little purpose but they are nice to look at.

But then so are cattle,but raising cattle solely for slaughter is perfectly okay.

What is your solution to the large numbers of unwanted horses in this country?
The "lets interrogate kshe" portion of this thread is now closed.
You did not answer any of my questions last night, so why should I answer yours?
BTW, your ignorance of anything I am about is showing quite plainly in your first paragraph.
It appears my opinion of you was misplaced, and please stop beating the dead horse known as "they are ruled by emotion, not logic".
You dont even know that.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:01 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,182 times
Horse sausages are REALLY good

Old 12-01-2011, 07:02 AM

LOL...this is a forum...

Forum:
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Others can have differing views to you,and express those views.

You are free to defend your position and others are free to challenge.

It is pretty cool huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies