Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 07:05 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

As the economy slumps ever further under the command of Obama - it might be a good idea to utilize dog meat also. What a jerk - you would think that Obama would be a real patron - a real protector - a real father figure ....but no - he refuses to practice a little old fashioned protectionism and now wants to feed the kids old dead horses...mmmmm - let him eat the old nag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 07:10 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOL...this is a forum...

Forum:
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Others can have differing views to you,and express those views.

You are free to defend your position and others are free to challenge.

It is pretty cool huh?
Deflect, deflect, deflect.
You only do that in a thread where you really dont have anything to say.
Pretty cool that I noticed, huh?

Old 12-01-2011, 07:14 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Deflect, deflect, deflect.
You only do that in a thread where you really dont have anything to say.
Pretty cool that I noticed, huh?
But I haven't been deflecting,you have.

I grasp that a poorly thought out ban on horse slaughter here in the USA has had the unintended consequences of causing MORE cruelty to the animals in question,and the current depression we are in has also caused the number of unwanted horses to rise.

A horse while nice,shouldn't be on some pedestal.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
But I haven't been deflecting,you have.

I grasp that a poorly thought out ban on horse slaughter here in the USA has had the unintended consequences of causing MORE cruelty to the animals in question,and the current depression we are in has also caused the number of unwanted horses to rise.

A horse while nice,shouldn't be on some pedestal.
And I grasp that you never answered the questions that I asked you from last night.
If thats not deflection, I dont know what is.
Why is it, exactly, that you dont want to answer those questions?

Old 12-01-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
And I grasp that you never answered the questions that I asked you from last night.
If thats not deflection, I dont know what is.
Why is it, exactly, that you dont want to answer those questions?
Post the questions again...

If it is the ones about eating all the goats,it is because the question starts off on a false premise.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Post the questions again...
If you're too lazy to page back in this thread to do it yourself, I am not about to do your grunt wok for you.
I'm not your secretary.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:44 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
My horses are my way of life. Have you seen the pain an old horse of 30 who is not in good shape goes through? I cannot make a living if I have to spend money feeding an animal that I cannot use. I didn't dump him for crying out loud, he is being loved on by four kids, spoiled and pampered. If I hadn't found someone to take him, I would've put him down. Let me ask you this....If a horse grows old and has horrible arthritis, he can still walk but would be in pain the rest of its life...would you "put it out pasture after he served you faithfully"? Or would you do the right thing and put it out of its misery? Anyway you put him out of his misery he's still better off. I've had vets put horses down and I've had to take horses to the auction where they have gone to the slaughter house. Any good person/horse owner doesn't like either way but we have a problem with horses starving because the owners cannot "get rid" of them. It costs a great deal of money to keep one horse much less more. I am able to produce my own hay for mine but so many can't. What do YOU propose people do since you seem to have all the answers.

Well, if you can do the right thing, I can do the right thing, every horse owner I know does the right thing and several horse owners that posted here do the right thing, why dosent or cant everyone else.
And just where then does the problem lay? Not with taking care of old or sick horses, putting them down or finding homes for them. It is with irresponsible owners and breeders. Better to have more restrictions on breeding and euthanasia/disposal than to bring back slaughter houses.

The slaughter and sale of horse meat and by products only creates a market for such which in turn creates more unnecessary breeding, death and greed.

I realize that the western states seem to have a problem with horse owners turning out animals they no longer want to take responsibility for, but dosent it seem more reasonable to address that problem than to open up a free market for horse meat?

Im having problems accepting support for this bill based on the premise that it is to protect individual horse owners and ensure less suffering for old and sick horses. If it were to create a new market its doomed before it starts. If there is not enough resources, hay, feed, pasture, to sustain the cattle industry bringing in a competition for horse meat will only be destructive. Clearly it is to cater to select groups making a profit from greed and irresponsible choices.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:47 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Pig have been proven smarter than dogs, they are extremely intelligent....and don't smell as bad.
As a dog and a pig owner, I would argue that.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:48 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Are you honestly confused about the differences in Bulls and People? This statement is highly irrational.
It's not irrational, the words you're looking for are "politically incorrect".

Quote:
And just what would you know about that subject?
Loyalty? more than you'd know.

Quote:
You have no rules ... so that makes things pretty simple for you doesn't it?
Just because I do not share yours do not mean I don't have any.

Quote:
Nevertheless, some of us are aware of the well established guidelines and prohibitions on what is and what is not a "clean" animal suitable for human consumption. It involves chewing cud, and divided hoofs. I wouldn't expect you to understand that.
What is suitable for human consumption is highly arguable, and also depends much on what criteria you chose your food with.
On another note the average American have an unhealthy weight, what does that say about actually applying this "suitable consumption"?

Quote:
Perhaps wild dogs ... but you obviously know very little about domesticated dogs who are very loyal and protective of their pack, which includes their human family members
You either didn't read what I wrote or failed to comprehend it.

Quote:
Furthermore, the human is supposed to have a slightly higher intellect, and many of us do .... but obviously not all.
What an argument!
While I share your impulse to post some foxy rudeness I'll skip it for now.
Your morals are your morals, not mine, who are you to judge my intellect by how much my opinion differs from yours?

Old 12-01-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

The slaughter and sale of horse meat and by products only creates a market for such which in turn creates more unnecessary breeding, death and greed.
Except horses would cost too much to raise purely for meat....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies