Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:09 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times

Advertisements

Michael Savage says he has MILLIONS of listeners. I am wondering how many of you listen to him on a regular basis?

Just curious....

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 10:16 AM

668 posts, read 2,186,962 times
I used to listen to him, and Glenn Beck and a whole host of talk show programs, but, after awhile, I got tired of the hatred each side shows the other, and turned it all off.

I dont need anyone making up my mind on who to vote for, I make it up myself LOL...

Since the Electorial College votes the President in, the only influence we have, is, if our State goes Democrat or Republican... They can vote in, whom ever they want, and we are just going through the motions, acting like our vote counts.

The only time it counts is in Elections for State and Local Government. Presidents? NADA.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 11-30-2011, 10:17 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Michael Savage says he has MILLIONS of listeners. I am wondering how many of you listen to him on a regular basis?

Just curious....

20yrsinBranson
I'd rather stick dinner forks in my eyeballs.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:18 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
He's alright. I don't listen to mainline talk radio more than about 10 minutes a day.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:19 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Most educated and entertaining person on radio. He's also arrogant and conceited. Doesn't matter, so long as he continues to tell awesome stories about growing up in Brooklyn, his dog, and homeopathic nutrition.

Haters gonna hate because he has a higher degree than they do.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times
Most liberals dismiss Dr. Savage out of hand without actually listening to him.

(This is what they do).

But once a liberal actually listens to what he has to say they find themselves agreeing more and more with his ideals.

Dr. Savage tends to wash away the self-hatred of many modern liberals and helps them recognize that America is, indeed, a great country and that being a little patriotic and loving America isn't so bad after all.

He is like a drug counselor who has to break through the rough exterior of a crack addict to help bring out the person who was there before the drugs (liberalism) took over.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:23 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Most educated and entertaining person on radio. He's also arrogant and conceited. Doesn't matter, so long as he continues to tell awesome stories about growing up in Brooklyn, his dog, and homeopathic nutrition.

Haters gonna hate because he has a higher degree than they do.
Liberals can't argue that conservative talk show hosts are dumb. He's the only conservative talkshow host with a B.A., M.A., M.S., and Ph.D. His M.A. is in anthropology, which really helps in understanding human behavior patterns in society.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:29 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:

Just curious....

20yrsinBranson
Before I was retired, I used to listen to talk radio on my morning and evening drives. Now that I'm retired, I listen to Rush Limbaugh more often both in the car (local station) and streaming through my PC (DC station). I'm listening to Rush right now as I type this. I don't listen to the radio at night anymore. Savage is on at night. I used to listen to Levin at night in the car. I tried Savage but it didn't stick and the reception wasn't as good.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:29 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:

Just curious....

20yrsinBranson
I caught him a a few times in my car, the only time I really listen to the radio.

I found him to be a bit crass, over-the-top, etc.

And very amusing. I reckon like most of these guys, a lot of it is an act.

But regular? No.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:40 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
I agree with most of his points. Still, he's an azzhole to his callers, rants and raves and has trouble carrying on a reasoned conversation. I don't listen to him.

We have a local guy out of Spokane (Mike Fitzsimmons) that I do enjoy. Knowledgable, carries on an intelligent conversation with those that call in (assuming they aren't idiots from either the left or right) and covers issues both local and national.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies