Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 04:00 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,190,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
How about some donor data? The NEA donates 5% to Republcans, the American teachers' federation 0%. There must be some education orgs that represent these 'overwhelmingly conservative' administrators and donate to R's.
Those groups are made up primarily of educators, not admin. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 04:29 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,346,820 times
Nice sidestep of the question. You don't have an answer do you? Claiming that any part of the public ed establishment is "overwhelmingly conservative" is overwhelmingly delusional.

You're the first, and I expect will remain the only, whom I have come across to make such a suggestion.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:36 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,989,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
I don't see much of a difference. CEO's are given these very very very generous and frankly obscene compensation packages. It's paid in good times and it's paid in bad times and it only keeps going up. How many people are laid off because the company has money tied up on the compensation of executives? How many people are not hired because instead of spending $50,000 on a worker, they are paying $50,000 for the CEO's country club membership...or his 10 free uses of the corporate jet...or his company BMW...or all of the above. You say they can just stop paying him but I can easily pull up a dozen recent articles of CEO's being kicked out and given 20+ million dollars out the door. You say that the difference is the latter is paid in tax dollars..well I say for the former is paid for in the salaries of laid off workers, unfilled jobs and a reduction benefits.
Huge difference. Public vs. Private. YOu don't like what the ceo is doing or what they're being paid by the board don't invest in their product. You don't like what public sector unions are doing tough.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:58 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,526,876 times
It is crumbling because it's gotten radically into a liberal agenda and left little time for the basics to be focused upon as much as they need to be. Kids have souls as well as brains and though not all, many of them can sense that they are being used for this agenda.

The Golden Rule is gone from schools along with organized prayer.
Condoms on bananas is allowed, and things like that.
Schools nurses have, reportedly given kids things without parental consent and even abortion was claimed but gotta do my own research on that one, to confirm or deny it.

A brother-in-law of mine was a public school teacher for many years but retired from it because of "too much paperwork" and being forced to "teach the test" instead of the old-fashioned and highly successful way he had taught for most of his career. He's putting luggage in the belly of an airplane and enjoying less stress to earn a paycheck, now.

Homeschooling is still growing and yet no one can know how many of them we actually have while it's been estimated to be a growing number by many folks. HSLDA and other organizations may have a good grasp on the numbers and yet not all homeschoolers join any of these. We never did and yet homeschooled for more than a dozen years, in two different states with no problems or regrets.

Yep, in Washington state more than one, young teen has gotten an abortion without parents being told! Even in states that don't have nutty laws like that state, a young'un can get an abortion even without their school's help but same kid cannot get their own ears pierced without parental consent-NUTS.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies