Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 02:35 PM

656 posts, read 648,641 times

Advertisements

The jackbooted thugs are at it again. Someone forgot to tell me we live in a police state.

Phoenix protesters pepper-sprayed at Westin Kierland Resort
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 02:37 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
It is only a matter of time before things get out of hand with people retaliating.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:42 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Yep..............Assaulting police with nail filled sticks and blocking the entrance is so legal.

"Unfortunately, a few anarchists have joined the Occupied movement, and crowds tried to push their way through the police line on to the resort property," Crump said. "OC spray was deployed twice on aggressive groups, which was effective in stopping their actions."
In at least one instance, protesters assaulted police with nail-filled sticks, Phoenix police said.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:44 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,051 times
Your status says "Dem Congress in 2012", but you do realize that the Occupy Movement has the potential to derail the Democratic party in 2012, don't you? Just like in 1968 when the anti-war left turned the Democratic convention into a fiasco and handed a very close election to Richard Nixon.

Of course, the major difference between the anti-war left of the late 1960s and the Occupy movment of today is that the anti-Vietnam war movement actually had a concrete goal: Stop The Vietnam War. It seems the OWS only goal is to cause chaos. The sooner these homeless vagrants go away, the better.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:50 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yep..............Assaulting police with nail filled sticks and blocking the entrance is so legal.

"Unfortunately, a few anarchists have joined the Occupied movement, and crowds tried to push their way through the police line on to the resort property," Crump said. "OC spray was deployed twice on aggressive groups, which was effective in stopping their actions."
In at least one instance, protesters assaulted police with nail-filled sticks, Phoenix police said.
One day, they'll use a stick so broad with nails so long, that it will bring an end to them all.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:52 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Your status says "Dem Congress in 2012", but you do realize that the Occupy Movement has the potential to derail the Democratic party in 2012, don't you? Just like in 1968 when the anti-war left turned the Democratic convention into a fiasco and handed a very close election to Richard Nixon.

Of course, the major difference between the anti-war left of the late 1960s and the Occupy movment of today is that the anti-Vietnam war movement actually had a concrete goal: Stop The Vietnam War. It seems the OWS only goal is to cause chaos. The sooner these homeless vagrants go away, the better.
Thats what I thought of tea baggers too, but would NOT have used any excuse to condone them being pepper sprayed for illogical reasons. I guess that is where people like us differ.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

I hear ya i hear ya. How right you are, assulting police with the nail filled sticks, what a way to go, way to get your points across NOT. What gives them the right to think they can commit violence as this. Some in this OWS movement have become very agressive.

Blocking entrances would **** me off too.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:56 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post

According to Rep. Maxine Waters, it's those damn homeless people causing all the crime and violence:
“Let me just say this: Anytime you have a gathering, homeless people are going to show up,” said Waters. “They will find some comfort in having some other people out on the streets with them. They’re looking for food. Often times, the criminal element will invade. That’s life and it happens, whether it’s with protesters or other efforts that go on in this country.

“So I’m not deterred in my support for them because of these negative kinds of things,” said Waters. “I just want them to work at doing the best job that they can do to bring attention to this economic crisis and the unfairness of the system at this time.”
Maxine Waters on Deaths and Crimes at Occupy Protests:

Note to Maxine, she is a major part of "the system".

Old 11-30-2011, 02:59 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
i will say that i see this incident as slightly different than the student incident. the students were just sitting and not bothering anyone when the officer went down the line and started spraying all of them.

in this case, this was the report: In at least one instance, protesters assaulted police with nail-filled sticks, Phoenix police said.

there is no excuse for violence in a protest of civil disobedience.

i certainly think americans have a right to be outraged at what is happening in this country, but it cannot be demonstrated in a way that hurts other citizens. (and police are other citizens)

follow the example of the citizens of iceland, which actually got their government to respond to them.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:01 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,204,544 times
From the article:

Quote:
Assaulting police offices with deadly weapons?

They should have used bullets instead of pepper spray.

OP sounds like a broken record <rant>police state<rant>

How many other threads has he/she/it tried to provoke people with these type of issues?

And everyone turns out to be the police were responding to the illegal activities of the college kiddies and aging hippies...

FAIL -- AGAIN

Freedom fighters? Best joke of the week so far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies