Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:09 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/us...-sex.html?_r=1

Wow. Can you imagine:

1) Being 68 and trying to exchange drugs for gay sex,

2) Getting arrested for it, and then

3) Being booked in a jail that's named after you?!
Certainly nothing to be proud of.

Another one who should have pity upon him.

Nothing proud about it at all.

Maybe he should have been Out and Proud instead. Because we all know that makes such a big difference in the life of a homosexual to know they don't have to slink around in the dark about how they like to have sex and that everyone loves and accepts them "just the way they are". That Sheriff obviously didn't hear that enough. Yes. Normal. Totally normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 02:12 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
While your thread title is pretty misleading (on purpose I suppose) I did find the part about him getting booked into the jail named after him to be quite funny.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I pray to God that Arpaio will get busted in a scandal involving gay sex, meth, and hustlers.
Hmm. Makes me wonder if there's more to that endorsement of Rick Perry than we realize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
While your thread title is pretty misleading (on purpose I suppose) I did find the part about him getting booked into the jail named after him to be quite funny.
How is it misleading? It's all factual, as far as I know.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:34 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
This guy is gay right?
I mean,he was looking for gay sex.

So why is it okay to make fun of him again?
Because he was in the 'wrong' political party?

I guess it would be helpful to know when it is okay to make fun of gays.

Thanks.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
This guy is gay right?
I mean,he was looking for gay sex.

So why is it okay to make fun of him again?
Because he was in the 'wrong' political party?

I guess it would be helpful to know when it is okay to make fun of gays.

Thanks.
Nice try.

No one here is making fun of him for being gay, they're making fun of him for being a Republican "Sheriff Of The Year" who got caught trying to exchange drugs for sex, and then got booked into a jail bearing his name. The fact that it was gay sex just livens it up even more.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:40 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Nice try.

No one here is making fun of him for being gay, they're making fun of him for being a Republican "Sheriff Of The Year" who got caught trying to exchange drugs for sex, and then got booked into a jail bearing his name. The fact that it was gay sex just livens it up even more.
In your title you did specify "GAY SEX". Like it's a particular brand or flavor.

You could have just said... "sex" for "drugs money".

I thought you believed all sex was equal. Gay sex is the same as non-gay sex.

Deep down we know it's really not the same nor equal. Why else make a post about him being a closeted GOP'er.

I know you like to poke fun at the repubs for being a hypocrite - but was he someone who touted "family values"?

Old 12-01-2011, 03:50 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Nice try.

You mean you can make fun of gay Republicans?
Or is it gay Sheriffs?
Or is it when gays get arrested trying to buy drugs,is that when we can all make fun of them?

It is difficult to keep track of when it is okay to ridicule gay men...

Old 12-01-2011, 04:15 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/us...-sex.html?_r=1

Wow. Can you imagine:

1) Being 68 and trying to exchange drugs for gay sex,

2) Getting arrested for it, and then

3) Being booked in a jail that's named after you?!
Yup just another sick Homosexual, we really need to find a cure for this disorder.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:56 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
And I can't wait [not] for the flood of homophobia that we get from lefties anytime there is a story like this. In their twisted logic, a republican target makes it ok to let loose the dogs of homophobia. We saw it with Larry Craig. In my state (WA) we had a GOP state senator Jim West who was gay-in-the-closet. When he was outed, there was a similar outburst of homophobic jokes & jabs from the left.
You and "Oz in OC" are totally blinded by your own bias. I have not made any homophobic remarks because I'm not homophobic in the slightest. Where do you even get that? Point it out to me.

And since when are us "lefties" homophobic when "there is a story like this"? You are weird, man. It's the religious right that hate gay people... or haven't you been paying attention? Up is down to you.

I was making fun of this HYPOCRITE and his hypocritical party, not for him being a gay man. The GOP doesn't want gays to marry... they didn't want them to be "out" if they are in the military... one even openly referred to Barney Frank as "Barney F*g".... and then they point to this guy as a shining representative of their party. That's ironic and funny as hell. If you can't see the humor in this story, then it must hit a little to close to home for you to see it.

Add that to the fact that he's selling DRUGS for sex and you get a real sense of how carefully the GOP picks its running mates....er... I mean GOP Sherrifs of the Year.

...And then he gets to spend time in the jail that bears his name! If you can't laugh at that, you are humorless!

Old 12-01-2011, 05:02 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
You and "Oz in OC" are totally blinded by your own bias. I have not made any homophobic remarks because I'm not homophobic in the slightest. Where do you even get that? Point it out to me.

And since when are us "lefties" homophobic when "there is a story like this"? You are weird, man. It's the religious right that hate gay people... or haven't you been paying attention? Up is down to you.

I was making fun of this HYPOCRITE and his hypocritical party, not for him being a gay man. The GOP doesn't want gays to marry... they didn't want them to be "out" if they are in the military... one even openly referred to Barney Frank as "Barney F*g".... and then they point to this guy as a shining representative of their party. That's ironic and funny as hell. If you can't see the humor in this story, then it must hit a little to close to home for you to see it.

Add that to the fact that he's selling DRUGS for sex and you get a real sense of how thoroughly the GOP picks its running mates....er... I mean GOP Sherrifs of the Year.

...And then he gets to spend time in the jail that bears his name! If you can't laugh at that, you are humorless!
Actually, you don't get it. The left loves to preach about the normalcy of gay sex, yet when their political opponents engage in it, that's the first thing they attack.

Another way of explaining it.....you are bigoted in that you think someone who is gay cannot be a "true gay" if they consider themselves conservative or identify as a Republican.

Seems to me that you are a classic example of a person who thinks he is tolerant but in reality is anything but when it comes to those who don't see things the way you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies