Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:02 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Any arguments against following this post will be hollow, uninformed, and wrong.

Zach Wahls Speaks About Family - YouTube
So what is this about? Artificial insemination results is normal human beings?

That's just science.

As far as having homosexual parents I think it's way too early to judge the affect on him. Let's see how he does after he's married and has a kid or two. Let's see how he raises his sons.

I expect he'll be fine. His parents don't deserve anymore recognition than any other parent but I suppose someone will march for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 03:34 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,811 times
Lightbulb My Two Moms with Zach Wahls

This is about a portrait of just another American family. Zach Wahls talks about his two moms. This is 2 minutes and 35 seconds long and well worth your time.

My Two Moms with Zach Wahls - YouTube#!

Old 05-15-2012, 04:16 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
Hate bait? You looking for criticism so you can point and cry, "hater!"?

Getting a little old, dude.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:57 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
I don't know what to say about this.

I believe that the best environment to raise a family is when boy meets girl, fall in love and get married and stay within that loving relationship to nurture that child.

I also believe that many single parents have been able to raise their children however, they all seem to have a support system of family and friends. The children turn out normal.

I don't know where same sex parenting is going to take us. It is possible that some of the children could turn out fine. Some not so fine. It may depend on the individual relationship.

As a gay man who came from the traditional family, who nurtured us together as a married couple, I couldn't ask for anything better to prepare me for a good healthy life. There are things that my mother taught me that my father couldn't teach and vice versa. I couldn't imagine what it would be like with two dads or two moms. It couldn't be the same.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:16 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Transcript:
[opening music]
[narrator]
In early 2011, Zach Wahls stood up for marriage equality in Iowa, when he delivered a powerful speech, in front of the legislature.
[footage of Zach’s speech]
Over the next two hours, I’m sure we’re going to hear plenty of testimony about how damaging having gay parents is on kids. But in my nineteen years, not once have I ever been confronted by an individual, who realized independently, that I was raised by a gay couple. And you know why? Because the sexual orientation of my parents has had zero effect on the content of my character. Thank you very much.
[narrator] His testimony went viral, with millions of hits, and landed him in the media spotlight.
[Zach] To find myself kind of at the center of all this attention was a very—it was a little unnerving, at first. And—but after I calmed down, I was immediately aware of the power, really, of the story.
[narrator] To further the impact of his story, Zach is now releasing a book of growing up with lesbian parents, called “My Two Moms: Lessons of Love, Strength, and What Makes a Family”.
[Zach] I write very intimately about some of the struggles that my family went through, the challenges my mom’s faced, and how we all grew from that. My parents may have been gay, but they weren’t gay moms—they were my moms.
[music]
[Zach, continued] My hope for the book, above all else, is to really show people that this is is just a portrait of another American family, and it’s just as valid as any other American family. We eat dinner around the table, we watch NFL games, and cheer for the Packers. And so this, you know, notion that there’s something radical or scary or dangerous about gay people raising kids is—[laughter]—you know, it’s really laughable if you sit down and think about it. It turns out that the operative word in “gay parents” is not “gay”—but “parents”. What’s important, when you’re raising kids, is whether or not your parent or parents are willing to put in, you know, the blood, sweat, toil, and tears—or the time and the resources and the effort that it takes to shape these little hellions into well-adjusted young adults. My hope with the book is to paint a portrait of a family, led by a gay couple, and to really try to examine what that looks like. People who are, maybe on the other side, may be surprised by what they see. Love makes a family.
[closing music]
[end of video]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies