Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
wtf is wrong with you people...anything for an extra penny??
Let's just hope that none of them ever claim "I'm proud to be an American" and keep it short: "I'm American".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 10:00 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,286 times
How about we cut military spending by 50 percent instead?

Old 12-01-2011, 10:01 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wrong, what it is, is in respons to the "give me" society the left is creating and expanding upon, and people realizing THERE IS NO WAY TO PAY for all of the new spending without making cuts somewhere else.
Yes, lets cut all the welfare recipients aka military contractors off the teat and save Billions. Cut DoD budget by 50%.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Under your command...ok haha. You lie all over this forum.
And its Marine Corps, not Marine Corp, Chesty Puller.
You can't handle the truth. I feel like Chesty at the moment. I am surrounded by the enemy, they can't get away this time. Feel free to DM me top.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IMHO It is far better to feed kids breakfast and lunch here than spend even more money killing kids over there. Hell, I would be better to feed the kids over there than to "accidentally" drop ombs on their schools.
What I saw at my brother's middle school today I'm inclined to side with the OP. Complete chaos not much learning was taking place and this is in a middle class black area.

Maybe if folks actually had to feed their kids they would be more invested in their upbringing. The difference can be made up in food stamps. The school needs to get out of the feeding business especially breakfast and dinner. If parents can't even perform the most basic functions of raising their kids how are they going to make sure their kids are prepared to learn?

Old 12-01-2011, 10:05 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
...and doggonnit, I like me!
I bet you have bad breathe no matter how many times you brush your teeth (assuming you do).

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Because they designated a patch of land 2 feet X 2 feet and are growing tomatoes on it and call it a farm????
Tad bit devious isn't it.

Here's the deal....anyone who is politically connected in the most minute way can get wealthy with the least amount of ambition put forth...there are loopholes to fill politicians friends,supporters and families banks in EVERY giveaway the govt does...the politicians write this crap in,tell the ones who they want to know and the ones who were supposed to benefit from the program have to either hire a lawyer,grant writer or figure it out on their own to receive the money intended for them.

Take FEMA during Katrina...who do you think got the max amount of $$$ available during the FEMA handouts...the poor and uneducated or the ones told what to say and how to say it to get every penny that was available to them?

I'll bet no politicians in the region nor their family/cronies lost a dime on the storm and many made out like a bandit and are waiting with baited breath for the next one.

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I know growing up, all school lunch was free. That changed when I got to high school, but before that, all lunches were free.
I wonder if thats about the period of time the federal government took it upon themself to get involved.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Yes, lets cut all the welfare recipients aka military contractors off the teat and save Billions. Cut DoD budget by 50%.
i've got no problem with doing that, but it wouldnt come close to balancing the budget. You could cut the DOD by 100% and it still wouldnt be enough.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
So... in order to make kids learn more...your plan is to take away the cafeteria and the energy it gives kids?? You seriously linked eating food to poor academic performance????
how does it take food away from people? The same people getting free lunches are the same ones who get food stamps. I dont agree with the OP, but in no way does it take food out of these kids mouths unless the parents shouldnt be their parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies