Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 01:52 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,538 times

Advertisements

WOW ??? If some of you peeps represent the 1%, I think that I'll stick with the 99%ers .

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-03-2011 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 02:10 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,095,282 times
The tea party people who said that they want to save future generations are suddenly expressing contempt for the future generations.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:21 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Dumbass 99%ers don't even know who is screwing them over - a bunch of fat cat globalists and government a-holes who are in the pockets of industry/banks. And the number one person 'screwing over' the 99%ers are the 99%ers themselves...by trying to destroy what makes it feasible to make it big in this country, they bitterly screw themselves out of their own dream.

Making 'whine' out of your sour grapes.
Are fat cat globalists and most govt. Aholes not in the top 1%? Certainly not everyone in the 1% are the problem, but the ones that are the problem are in the 1%. You see the difference don't you.[/quote]

exactly.

debating about issues and the 1% who have raped and pillaged the US is not "whining". i am sick of the fiction the far right uses to promote corrupt CEO's and corporate fascism.

Ali Velshi on CNN whining that he didnt get to go to Davos, Switzerland for the financial summit last year, now THATS whining, what a first rate idiot.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:50 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I've heard of penis envy, but IMO this beats it.

The 1% pay 50% of the taxes, 43% pay no taxes.
I'm far less concerned over the highly taxed 1%.

And the top 1% probably have close to 50% of the disposable income.

A childless burger flipper working full time pays $500 in federal income taxes annually. Are you saying he's in the top 57%?

Old 12-03-2011, 11:59 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,765 times
And of course .. THE biggest divider and one of THE 1%-ers goes un-named!

OBAMA

Old 12-04-2011, 12:13 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
I don't see the 1%'ers dividing anything other than revenue among their employees and investors. And I don't see them camping out, crapping in the streets. And plenty of them have children who are NOT strapped with college tuition loans.

I do see some portion of the acclaimed 99% drawing divisions among the public, expecting some reward for being manipulative... and crapping in the streets.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:16 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
People should not fall for the 1%ers generational warfare strategy. They have the majority of the pie and have begun to pit the senior citizens receiving ss and medicare against younger middle class and unemployed workers to fight out who gets the scraps.

[MOD CUT]
The One Percent Turns Class War Into Generational War | Truthout
The Current President and his group are doing this and it is shameful.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:28 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times
Quote:
Major news outlets like The Washington Post and National Public Radio constantly bombard us with news pieces on the budget deficit. Invariably these stories focus on the cost of "entitlements," which most of us know as Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. The story pounded home in these pieces - often explicitly - is that these programs, that primarily benefit the elderly, are creating the basis for a generational war between the young and the old.
I don't really agree with the opening paragraph, or the rest of the article which was built upon it.

Entitlements are one piece of the puzzle, but the real issue is economic policy. Our economic policy right now is can be boiled down to one statement: keep the housing and stock markets inflated in price so older people can retire.

This policy does nothing at all to create jobs, or solve problems faced by people who are young. Older people benefit from strong corporate earnings, high P/E ratios and high housing rent, not young people.

Where the plot really thickens, is that the economic interests of older, middle class people are closely intertwined with the interests of billionaires. Both groups live and die by the inflationary, risk-chasing trade that collapsed in 2008.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:36 AM

I dont get where SS/Medicare is an "entitlement" paying into it and working, people expect something out of it. If not we are a third world country.

Kind of like a 401k...oh but wait, bankster felons have raped and pillaged that as well.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
You hit the nail on the head!
Some people don't see the "created divide" that we have in this county.
yes and MSM media keeps perpetuating it. . So sick of celebrity trash on tv...and class warfare, all it is is pablum to manipulate the masses. "Info-tainment", no real facts on economy and how America is circling the drain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies