U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 11:22 AM

30,904 posts, read 19,001,077 times

Advertisements

Yes, taxpayers, you are the proud sponsors of an internet soap opera, "Diary of a Single Mom." The producers got almost a million of YOUR dollars from the Obama stimulus........

This is a small sum, but is another example of why government should never provide stimulus money to any business. We don't need government deciding what entertainment programs to subsidize..... that should be a market function.

And these idiots claim that people will use the internet more and thereby stimulate the economy because they have access to "Diary of a Single Mom."

Pathetic.

Online soap opera cleans up with stimulus broadband cash - Washington Times
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 11:27 AM

1,332 posts, read 931,114 times
the government is broken/...... we need someone to come in and make RESPONSIBLE decisions. That criteria alone eliminates Obama as a candidate for the job. The only thing he is responsible for is making sure that his wife has spent a small fortune on vacations for her...her kids...and her friends over the last 3 years.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:13 PM

5,336 posts, read 5,842,890 times
Obama's next upcoming campaign speech is going to target all who voted for him in the first place.

It will go as follows:

All of you single mothers out there with 4 or more kids, on welfare,food stamps, and living in section 8 housing, get out and vote for me. Get voter I. D. cards for your kids as well as for anyone who has been dead for years. Have them mail in their votes, also all of you illegal aliens, most of which pay zero in net taxes, who enjoyed $4.2 billion from the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) last year under my watch also need to get voter I. D. cards for all of your anchor babies as well as get a few cards for all of your relatives who will be in my country in time for the upcoming presidential election.

Parasites are devouring the host culture! It's Free Swipe Yo EBT - YouTube

Old 12-03-2011, 12:14 PM

14,969 posts, read 15,436,644 times
Wow.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:30 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,002,957 times
File this under corporate fascism for Hollywood. Like they need tax payer money

Old 12-03-2011, 12:37 PM

24,630 posts, read 26,793,583 times
What, did someone start another $1B/day war while I wasn't looking?

Old 12-03-2011, 02:03 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,000,691 times
Well, it's likely that only 1/2 of the people on the forum actually pay taxes, so your post doesn't apply to many people. In fact, it might not even apply to you.

Stimulus dollars are stimulus dollars. The last time I checked, the Republican President before Obama was dolling them out then too. I'm guessing you weren't whining back then.

Of course, this money is part of an effort to bring broadband to rural communities. 230k of government money was used to make the show and they paid 700k in production costs. That means that private money was used as well. That much spending does generate renevue for the feds, so it meant that the economy was stimulated and the cost was likely a lot less than $230k since the feds would get money back via economic growth.

See when you spin it like you aren't some emotional partisan idiot, then it sounds a lot better.

Stop whining, take off the partisan blinders and think about things. Should you be so pissed about the stimulus, then take out your anger on people who want less regulation in the banking sector. Without them, there would be no stimulus.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:18 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,002,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Well, it's likely that only 1/2 of the people on the forum actually pay taxes, so your post doesn't apply to many people. In fact, it might not even apply to you.

Stimulus dollars are stimulus dollars. The last time I checked, the Republican President before Obama was dolling them out then too. I'm guessing you weren't whining back then.

Of course, this money is part of an effort to bring broadband to rural communities. 230k of government money was used to make the show and they paid 700k in production costs. That means that private money was used as well. That much spending does generate renevue for the feds, so it meant that the economy was stimulated and the cost was likely a lot less than $230k since the feds would get money back via economic growth.

See when you spin it like you aren't some emotional partisan idiot, then it sounds a lot better.

Stop whining, take off the partisan blinders and think about things. Should you be so pissed about the stimulus, then take out your anger on people who want less regulation in the banking sector. Without them, there would be no stimulus.
You are right there is no excuse for ignorance so I am wondering how you came to the conclusion that the private sector doled out 700k from this sentence :

Quote:
Other production costs on the show paid to different vendors total more than $700,000.
And proceeding that sentence Townsend was paid 250k, where is mention of the private sector besides the vendors being paid. All together 1.5 million was spent on this type of INTERNET programing. Like the INTERNET needs this type of programing to get people on line

I am not a partisan idiot I hate both parties and never ever or will I ever support any type of stimulus. I really believe in the free market you rise and fall on your own accord.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:34 PM

29,499 posts, read 14,736,122 times
Obama did not give a cost of living raise to the seniors for the past two years yet the welfare folk got a raise.. Obama wants the welfare vote.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:56 PM

30,904 posts, read 19,001,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Statements like that just expose your arrogant ignorance. You have no idea how much taxes I pay or anyone else on this board.

Quote:
Again, you expose your ignorance. I have opposed every bailout and every stimulus. But your apologetic position regarding every failure of Obama is legendary.

Quote:
Like I said, it's a total waste of taxpayer money to produce an internet show. No matter how you spin it, it's a waste of tax dollars.

Quote:
No, only an idiot would think that your story is better. Producing an internet show... only an idiot would think that is a good use of our tax dollars.

Quote:
So anyone who disagrees with your big government position is "whining"? Nice try, but it's a weak argument. Stimulus programs are a complete failure. When you mature a little, you will understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies