Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 03:35 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times

Advertisements

A crime against what, and who? The law? Not sure...we have some pretty stupid laws, or lack of at times.

It was wrong. Imagine that! Something being "wrong" in reality. Some of us still have consciences that we haven't destroyed.

If someone leaves a wallet full of money, purse or something where we can pick grab it as ours, is it a crime? Should be, but we have the snake of technicalities in our systems upon which a person can get away with just about anything, at times.

Just because someone else is without wisdom or gets forgetful and makes something available to us does not mean that it is okay for us to take advantage of such opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 03:42 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I think people should use common sense and realize that if they want to walk around naked in their own house, or have their children walk around naked, they should invest in some curtains or blinds. Why does this have to be made into a huge legal issue? It wouldn't be an issue to begin with if people just used a little common sense first.
I use to enjoy going around nude inside my home before I got married and my father-in-law moved in with us (he's now 86). I installed blinds, curtains, and solar screens on all my windows. I would have loved to go around my yard nude but my neighbors and local police frown on such actions. If I saw my neighbor's child undressing within their home with curtains and blinds open, i'd probably ask my wife to go tell the parents.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:46 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
It sounds perverted but not a chargeable crime.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:47 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
and YES we are becoming a police state, I'd say that we are over half way there...
I agree.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:48 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Default If the blinds were open, was it a crime to look?

If they saw him apparently his lights were on and they are as guilty as him for looking in his open windows LOL.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:24 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
If they saw him apparently his lights were on and they are as guilty as him for looking in his open windows LOL.

You make an excellent point. Since both sides have been wronged there is only one way to resolve this: Nude Mud Wrestling.

If you have a mental image that will leave a scar then my work here is done.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
a crime like this is usually a double standard issue. since the person looking in the window was a make looking at a female, he is charged with the crime. but lets reverse this, if a female had been looking at a male undressing, the male would likely have been arrested for indecent exposure.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:48 PM

101 posts, read 86,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
a crime like this is usually a double standard issue. since the person looking in the window was a make looking at a female, he is charged with the crime. but lets reverse this, if a female had been looking at a male undressing, the male would likely have been arrested for indecent exposure.
Welcome to liberal logic. Only certain darling groups can be victims.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:53 PM

656 posts, read 648,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Passing in the car or sidewalk to look and not stare isn't an issue.
If someone stays there gazing a long tome like it's a show or uses optical enhancers to see in, then that starts to violate privacy law.
It's the same as the three second rule when you drop food on the floor.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Exhibitionism, while illegal, has never been considered as serious as voyeurism. To me it seems that someone should be able to look out their own window all they want, and if someone within view chooses to get undressed in front of a window without blinds, it should not be a crime for someone to look, even if it is creepy. When a camera, telescope or binoculars come into the picture it should become criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies