Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2011, 11:13 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,260,160 times

Advertisements

The Democrat side is locked up by Obama.

In most places you can't do a cross over vote in the Primaries.
Democrats love to cross over in primaries to select a bum in the primaries as the Republican challenger.

From what I read they are going to either vote in the primary already or change affiliation to vote for an impossible drug advocating isolationist nut case like Ron Paul.

Think this isn't so? Can you say John McCain? That was cross over Democrats giving us an SOB good for nothing Rino as a Republican choice last time.

Before anyone pulls their hair out later not being prepared for this, I thought I'd get this out there.

I don't believe in a primary that a Republican or Democrat should have the right to go across the isle in a primary to pick their competition.
Doesn't work out that people try to make two good choices, they tend IMO to try and sabotage the other party. I think the fact that this can happen F's the American people with substandard choices in major elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 11:39 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,094,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

Democrats love to cross over in primaries to select a bum in the primaries as the Republican challenger.

From what I read they are going to either vote in the primary already or change affiliation to vote for an impossible drug advocating isolationist nut case like Ron Paul.

Think this isn't so? Can you say John McCain? That was cross over Democrats giving us an SOB good for nothing Rino as a Republican choice last time.

Before anyone pulls their hair out later not being prepared for this, I thought I'd get this out there.

I don't believe in a primary that a Republican or Democrat should have the right to go across the isle in a primary to pick their competition.
Doesn't work out that people try to make two good choices, they tend IMO to try and sabotage the other party. I think the fact that this can happen F's the American people with substandard choices in major elections.
I missed your outrage about the Republican shenanigans along the same vein:
Wisconsin Flyer Calls For Conservatives To Vote For Fake Candidate In Dem Primary | TPMDC

This is just one example I found in 3 seconds... There are hundreds more out there.

Claiming that this is a one-party problem only servers to further hypocrisy.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:56 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,178,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

I heard a suggestion that the Republicans might be getting ready to return to the old fashioned method of picking the person at the party convention and surely wish we could return to that method. I don't get to vote for either party in a primary since my state doesn't hold state primaries, just caucuses. The real fun of the Party Conventions was always the days of meetings and all the compromises concerning who should run for the party. Even better the party got to set the platform for the election instead of having to go along with what the candidate wanted.

We are not going back to those good old days but I sure wish we could.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:59 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,185,315 times
You're whining that the Democrats are now going to be at fault for the Republicans lack of a good candidate?

Let me guess, next week you're going to blame them for the AIDS virus or it snowing during winter.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:06 PM

22,140 posts, read 19,364,247 times
There is no evidence that Democrats are crossing over to vote in the GOP Primaries to pick their candidate, nor did any evidence of that exist in 08 with McCain. What did happen in 2008 was Rush Limbaugh tried to urge his listeners to vote in the Dem Primaries for Clinton thinking she would be an easier candidate than Obama. Obviously, that didn't work, but its the GOP that has tried to get their voters to do this.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:13 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,842,561 times
I wish what you say would come to pass, that way Obama loses in 2012. By the way, the most ardent leftists (such as the DailyKos), who would be the most likely crowd to do this, would not pick Ron Paul, they'd pick an embarrassment like Bachmann or Perry, not Ron Paul who has crossover appeal with everyone. You're thinking like a mainstream Republican, stop.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:16 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,026,283 times
If you really know what is happening in the future...why are you wasting those talents on this?

Win the lottery or some radio competition!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies