Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 11:10 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You sound like a liberal to me. See the problem with most liberals such as yourself is that they are so delusional that they think there views are centrist/moderate mainstream. When in reality the polls so time and time agian most real mainstream americans disagree with your views.
One would have to be few bricks short of a full load to believe that statement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 11:12 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Biblical laws like those against stealing and murder? Don't worry your head, there are many, many sects of Christianity who spend their time disagreeing with each other, so there will never be any laws pushing the bible down your throat. It will become illegal to openly display a bible in public, before there is one mandating you have to buy one.
Learn your facts, laws against stealing and murder pre-date the Bible, and even secular nations have them.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:19 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
One would have to be few bricks short of a full load to believe that statement

Truth hurts huh?

Old 12-05-2011, 11:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Truth hurts huh?
Let me know when you see some, what I replied to had no connection to truth.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:49 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
You do NOT speak for me. I am not pro-abortion. I have been fortunate not to have faced an unplanned pregnancy; however, I don't think I could have an abortion myself. However, I do not have the right to tell a woman what she has to do with her body.
She isn't making a choice for her body alone, once pregnant. This argument about a mass of cells would make more sense if all abortions were performed in the first month, however they aren't. You don't seem to "get that". It's one thing to allow it when there is a risk to the mother and quite another when simply as a convenience. The largest percentage of abortions are late in the first, and in the second trimesters - long after a fetus has developed into more than just a mass of cells.

Free abortions are offered at PP until the 22nd week. Do you know how developed a child is by the 3rd month? That's only 12 weeks. My son was born in the 27th week, and survived (Thanking GOD).

The courts have a duty to protect the rights of ALL HUMANS and as long as people like you, and they, can equate a human baby to "just cells" then there will never be justice served.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:57 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess I am more stupid than many of you libs thought. If Muslims don't want to go by Shariah and kill homosexuals what do they want to do? Do liberals promote abortion, or not. How many other religions tolerate Christianity as much as the reverse?

I don't think I am the uninformed one here.
IF you're not uninformed, what's your reason for continuing the out and out LIE that liberals "promote abortion" ?

You're apparently at least uninformed of the meaning of the word: C-H-O-I-C-E

Old 12-05-2011, 11:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
What a woman does with her body and or its contents is her descision. Not yours. Not mine.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:10 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The largest percentage of abortions are late in the first, and in the second trimesters - long after a fetus has developed into more than just a mass of cells.
Check your facts - this time from a non-partisan source. Here, let me provide one for you, from the Centers for Disease Control. Here's an excerpt, which shows your data to be incorrect:

Quote:
In 2008, most (62.8%) abortions were performed at ≤8 weeks' gestation, and 91.4% were performed at ≤13 weeks' gestation. Few abortions (7.3%) were performed at 14--20 weeks' gestation, and even fewer (1.3%) were performed at ≥21 weeks' gestation. During 1999--2008, the percentage of abortions performed at ≤13 weeks' gestation remained stable, whereas abortions performed at ≥16 weeks' gestation decreased 13%--17%. Moreover, among the abortions performed at ≤13 weeks' gestation, the distribution shifted toward earlier gestational ages, with the percentage of abortions performed at ≤6 weeks' gestation increasing 53%.
Quote:
Free abortions are offered at PP until the 22nd week. Do you know how developed a child is by the 3rd month? That's only 12 weeks. My son was born in the 27th week, and survived (Thanking GOD).
Yes, I do know how developed a child is by 12 weeks - not enough to feel pain, or have any functioning organs. It's not viable outside of the womb. It's not yet a baby.

I'm happy for you that your son survived. That's a wonderful thing. (Oh, and while you're thanking God, remember to save some gratitude for the doctors and nurses who helped your son as well.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You sound like a liberal to me. See the problem with most liberals such as yourself is that they are so delusional that they think there views are centrist/moderate mainstream. When in reality the polls so time and time agian most real mainstream americans disagree with your views.
Let me guess. These polls you're referring to - they're conducted by Fox News, correct?

It's a shame you're unable to conduct a civil debate without resorting to insults and name calling. I don't play that game.

I realize that since I disagree with your views that you, and others, will label me a liberal. However, you would be wrong. As I said, I don't align myself with any political party. You see, I like to think for myself and make my own decisions. I don't let talking heads or political parties do my thinking for me.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:24 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
15. Promoting the greatness of Medicare, and scaring the elderly each year by claiming mean old republicans want to cut Medicare, while praising 0bamaCare which cuts $500 BILLION out of Medicare over the next ten years.
Again, check your facts, with a non-partisan source. The health care plan does not cut $500 billion out of Medicare - it will curb the rapid growth in spending, not cut funding.

Source: Politifact

It's a shame that so many people blindly repeat falsehoods without checking the facts first.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:54 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
She isn't making a choice for her body alone, once pregnant. This argument about a mass of cells would make more sense if all abortions were performed in the first month, however they aren't. You don't seem to "get that". It's one thing to allow it when there is a risk to the mother and quite another when simply as a convenience. The largest percentage of abortions are late in the first, and in the second trimesters - long after a fetus has developed into more than just a mass of cells.

The courts have a duty to protect the rights of ALL HUMANS and as long as people like you, and they, can equate a human baby to "just cells" then there will never be justice served.
Obviously. But who has more knowledge about the circumstances surrounding a birth? The mother or a distant, faceless government that will never meet neither child nor mother?

Sometimes the most loving thing to do is to let go. Some mothers-to-be know that if they love their child the most, they will not force them to live in the awful circumstances they themselves live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies