Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 03:28 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,422 times

Advertisements

From the title of this story, I thought someone hadn't heard that he had pulled out of the race, and they were still digging up "dirt" on Cain.

Boy, 9, Suspended From School For Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute' | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 03:30 PM

101 posts, read 86,732 times
This society is getting more and more pathetic.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:38 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,306,533 times
On face value it sure sounds like a harsh punishment for a nine year old, but we'd really have to know what exactly the district spokesman meant by "inappropriate behavior" after making "inappropriate statements" before really making that judgement call. If the kid was mock masturbating, for example, after calling the teacher 'cute' that would sure take on a different meaning than if he just blew an innocent kiss her way.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:40 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,726,824 times
Gee, tell me one kid who has not had a crush on a teacher

Old 12-04-2011, 03:43 PM

I wonder what would have happened to me if I were in school now and did what I did.

Back when I was in 6th grade (around 1986) I was in math class, in the front, and one of the kids asked "why does he have a pencil in his mouth" and I thought he was referring to some other student so I said "because he's gay" but he was referring to the teacher, and I didn't know that. The teacher sent me to the back of the room.

I probably would have been arrested today for that.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:47 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,726,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novasteve View Post
I wonder what would have happened to me if I were in school now and did what I did.

Back when I was in 6th grade (around 1986) I was in math class, in the front, and one of the kids asked "why does he have a pencil in his mouth" and I thought he was referring to some other student so I said "because he's gay" but he was referring to the teacher, and I didn't know that. The teacher sent me to the back of the room.

I probably would have been arrested today for that.

Funny, at my high school it was the other way round, everyone wanted to sit in the back row, and we had to switch to the front row as a punishment

Old 12-04-2011, 03:50 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,277,852 times
There doesn't appear to be enough information in the article to really judge the situation. However, I think a 9 year old child should be accused of sexual misconduct rather than harassment, which tends to be an expression of power.

As far as the Boston child mentioned in the article, it sounds like possible self-defense, but, again, there are not enough substantive details in the article.

I know a child who was suspended from school for threatening to take in a gun to shoot a bully. He was reinstated after his parents were able to confirm to the school that they had no guns, and after another child related the events leading up to the incident. The bully had previously struck my friend's child in the groin and was threatening to do it again every time he saw the kid.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

Funny, at my high school it was the other way round, everyone wanted to sit in the back row, and we had to switch to the front row as a punishment

I think it must have been "home room" because we were sitting around ,But the guy was also my math teacher. I can't imagine having quiet study time in math class, or maybe we were taking a quiz, but it was complete silence othe rthan the "why does he have a pencil in his mouth?".

I felt like such an idiot.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:56 PM

7,722 posts, read 12,611,442 times
Say hello to political correctness and big government. Brought to you by liberals. Enjoy.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:02 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,941,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Say hello to political correctness and big government. Brought to you by liberals. Enjoy.

Haha. I can just see some people. The red light takes too long...damn liberals. The line at Walmart is too long...damn liberals, they stub their toe...damn liberals. Cracks me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies