Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 08:10 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
I wouldn't be happy if the post office delivered my check to someone else. I also wouldn't be happy if employees deposited it because you don't want to pay them for the one second it would take to verify the addressee. I doubt very much you would deliver mail correctly with that attitude.
You clearly don't understand the process. We are not going to change our procedure because the USPS employs people who are careless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 08:13 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,896,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You clearly don't understand the process.
Oh I see. But you understand exactly how everything runs at the USPS.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Oh I see. But you understand exactly how everything runs at the USPS.
I understand that USPS employees are careless on a daily basis when sorting the mail. If these same people worked for a private company they would have been fired.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I understand that USPS employees are careless on a daily basis when sorting the mail. If these same people worked for a private company they would have been fired.
Like I said...clueless. You probably couldn't even lift all the mail and parcels we deliver daily.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Like I said...clueless.
You are the clueless one. The USPS is responsible for delivering the mail to the addressee. Oops is not permissible.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:25 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I actually disagree, I find them to be pretty good and affordable.
I agree with you. Considering the low price of a stamp, I consider it a great value relative to the rapid inflation which occurs with everything else. When you compare the pricing to the private carriers, the postal service is the better deal. I sometimes wish that the service was a bit better, but I know that they are undergoing some stress at this time.

Last edited by wehotex; 12-04-2011 at 08:42 PM..

Old 12-04-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
You are the clueless one. The USPS is responsible for delivering the mail to the addressee. Oops is not permissible.
Like I said before; if you hate the USPS so much, have ALL of your letters, checks, parcels, etc, handled by FedEx or UPS or private courier. My guess is that your customers wouldn't want to pay $20 for something that currently costs 44 cents. And I would bet your business wouldn't want outgoing mail to cost that much either.

So thank you for continuing to use the USPS. Why? Because you and most other people don't want to pay the price for the alternative.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Like I said before; if you hate the USPS so much, have ALL of your letters, checks, parcels, etc, handled by FedEx or UPS or private courier. My guess is that your customers wouldn't want to pay $20 for something that currently costs 44 cents. And I would bet your business wouldn't want outgoing mail to cost that much either.

So thank you for continuing to use the USPS. Why? Because you and most other people don't want to pay the price for the alternative.
Don't hate me for expecting the USPS to deliver the mail as addressed.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:35 PM

158 posts, read 134,626 times
At this point, they should restructure USPS and privatize it.

The Germans have privatized Deutsche Post and it's doing very well.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I wonder what that will do to the unemployment rate.

Then send an e-mail to your Congressperson and both Senators, and also Obama thanking them for the bounty of junk-mail you receive.

They are the ones who insist that the USPS give you junk-mail.

Oh, sure, absolutely.

I see no problem for the government spending $9 to send my VA Disability check to me.

I sure the government can just absorb those costs, right? After all, they are the government.

That's funny, but it is Congress who forces the USPS to deliver junk-mail, and worse than that, forces the USPS to deliver junk-mail at below-market rates, which is one of the reasons why the USPS is losing money.

That's correct and it is truly shocking in this day and age to think that some idiots still believe the USPS is tax-payer funded.

The pension requirements are stupid. Even the government doesn't fund its pensions the way it forces the USPS to fund theirs. I must believe that is done intentionally to cause the USPS to fail.

And, again, Congress forces the USPS against their will to deliver junk-mail at below-market rates (it is Congress who determines what fees the USPS may charge for junk-mail).

Why don't you try addressing the correspondence correctly. That might help.

There you go.

And for the life of me, I don't understand why people thing that FedExcess or UselessPS will be any cheaper.

The, um, European countries?

Do you realize that you can drive through Luxembourg in about 35 minutes?

Do you understand that Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands would fit neatly into Southern Ohio from about I-70 to the river, because they are so freaking small?

Do you understand that none of those countries has a population even remotely approaching 300 Million?

Those kinds of comparisons are asinine.

Just because a country of 5 Million people can do something, it does not logically follow that a country of 308 Million can do the same thing. It's called "Economy of Scale." You might want to actually research and study that.

The USPS is privatized, but under government control. If the government stopped enacting idiotic regulations, like forcing the USPS to deliver junk-mail at below market rates against the will of the USPS, maybe it would actually be profitable.
Economies of scale means the larger that you are the cheaper it is to do. Maybe you need to do some research. If you don't know something it is o.k. to keep quiet...really. And actually junk mail is what keeps the USPS from being more in debt. Really dude do you just come up with this stuff off of the top of your head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies