Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 06:49 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,287,224 times

Advertisements

Guest Post: How The U.S. Will Become A 3rd World Country (Part 1) | ZeroHedge

This article states the reasons the US will continue it's deterioration into 3rd world status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 06:56 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Guest Post: How The U.S. Will Become A 3rd World Country (Part 1) | ZeroHedge

This article states the reasons the US will continue it's deterioration into 3rd world status.
Well, that WAS the plan.....and it's been ongoing for about 30 years....
Crush the middle class (anti-union, anti-educators, anti-fair taxes for the wealthy, pro-minimum wage, anti-abortion, anti-regulation,) ALL Republican, ALL lead to Third World status...

Makes me glad I'm old and won't see the worst

Old 12-05-2011, 07:06 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Crush the middle class (anti-union, anti-educators, anti-fair taxes for the wealthy, pro-minimum wage, anti-abortion, anti-regulation,)

"Pro-min wage" crushes the middle class? *******s are always crying about Republicans wanting to get rid of the middle class, can't you guys come together on something?

"Anti-abortion" crushes the middle class? *******s fight to allow people to abort children, Republicans fight to stop them... so according to your retarded logic letting people have more children = crushing the middle class.

"Anti-union" crushed the middle class? The overwhelming majority of middle class workers aren't in unions.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-05-2011 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 12-05-2011, 07:09 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
Wow, is the world ever not on some apocalyptic path of doom with you Jim?

How is the weather out there? Jim:"DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM"

Especially to believe Zerohedge, which is a tin foil hatted "believer in a sweeping conspiracy that casts the alumni of Goldman Sachs as a powerful cabal at the helm of U.S. policy, with the Treasury and the Federal Reserve colluding to preserve the status quo." (this is from their own about page).

Old 12-05-2011, 07:16 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, that WAS the plan.....and it's been ongoing for about 30 years....
Crush the middle class (anti-union, anti-educators, anti-fair taxes for the wealthy, pro-minimum wage, anti-abortion, anti-regulation,) ALL Republican, ALL lead to Third World status...

Makes me glad I'm old and won't see the worst
All of the things that you mention are what caused the problems.

Unions, government control of education, lopsided tax system, minimum wage, abortion and regulation are all unconstitutional.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Wow, is the world ever not on some apocalyptic path of doom with you Jim?

How is the weather out there? Jim:"DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM"

Especially to believe Zerohedge, which is a tin foil hatted "believer in a sweeping conspiracy that casts the alumni of Goldman Sachs as a powerful cabal at the helm of U.S. policy, with the Treasury and the Federal Reserve colluding to preserve the status quo." (this is from their own about page).
I find it interesting that the Bush/Obama administrations both have GS members in key positions. But sometimes they come from JP Morgan and Citi, but regardless, which of these subjects do you dispute :

High unemployment
Falling wages and household income
Rising inflation
Rising poverty rate
Increased food stamp participation
Increased wealth concentration
Rising debt percentage to GDP
Corporation influence on the political system
Broken tax system

Lets say you dispute none which I hope is the case because the data backs them up. Does it looks like our country is on the rise? or does it look like our country is on the way down ?

If you are so positive that happy days will be here again please tell us doomers how this will come about ? Tells us how wages are going to rise? Tell us that inflation is not a problem or how corporation influence will become a thing of the past. Tell us how UE is going to drop dramatically?

Here is another, dispute that this is not a good description of 3rd world countries :

Quote:
High unemployment, lack of economic opportunity, low wages, widespread poverty, extreme concentration of wealth, unsustainable government debt, control of the government by international banks and multinational corporations, weak rule of law and counterproductive policies are defining characteristics of 3rd world countries. Other factors include poor public health, nutrition and education, as well as lack of infrastructure—factors that deteriorate rapidly in a failing economy.
If you can not dispute any of the facts listed and you agree with his definition of 3rd world countries I have to call you out of being a closet doomer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies