Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 01:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Wrong again. The "anchor baby" debate is about when neither parent is a citizen. It has never been about requiring both parents to be citizens.
Thats in your imagination because NO WHERE has that been determined to be true!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 01:55 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Answer my question..

If the country club decided BOTH PARENTS must be a member for you to use child care, can you as a member demand child care?
Is English your second language?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Thats in your imagination because NO WHERE has that been determined to be true!!

you obviously do not understand the issues of illegal immigration, as this is EXACTLY what they anti-immigration people argue.

That a child is a citizen from birth regardless of the parent's citizenship. Hence the term "anchor baby".

Old 12-06-2011, 01:57 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Again.... from the SCOTUS decision in Wong Kim Ark:

Quote:
It thus clearly appears that, by the law of England for the last three centuries, beginning before the settlement of this country and continuing to the present day, aliens, while residing in the dominions possessed by the Crown of England, were within the allegiance, the obedience, the faith or loyalty, the protection, the power, the jurisdiction of the English Sovereign, and therefore every child born in England of alien parents was a natural-born subject unless the child of an ambassador or other diplomatic agent of a foreign State or of an alien enemy in hostile occupation of the place where the child was born.

III. The same rule was in force in all the English Colonies upon this continent down to the time of the Declaration of Independence, and in the United States afterwards, and continued to prevail under the Constitution as originally established.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:

Wrong. US V Wong Kim Ark.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Who claimed otherwise?
Wait, one minute singular holds value to you, then next you flip flop into it doedsnt..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Is English your second language?
I note you arent answering the question.. I wonder why

Old 12-06-2011, 02:05 PM

I can't answer a question where you've shown you fail to understand basic English grammar.

sorry, this forum has no graphical tool set, because it seems you need pictures to explain simple English words:

The ONLY stipulation was what I posted: CHILDREN whose PARENTS are MEMBERS --- all plural usages of these words.

I am a member. I have ONE child. And I am a parent - I CAN use these services provided by the country club.

Now change up the words.

CHILDREN of PARENTS who are CITIZENS

Mom has one child. She is a single parent. She is a citizen. -- Her child is a citizen from birth

Old 12-06-2011, 02:07 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Wait, one minute singular holds value to you, then next you flip flop into it doedsnt..
No flip flop. "Citizen" is a singular noun. "Children" and "parents" are plural. Where do you find any flip flopping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
I note you arent answering the question.. I wonder why
Because the premises of the questions are stupid, making them ultimately a fool's errand to answer.

And mamma didn't raise a fool.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Again.... from the SCOTUS decision in Wong Kim Ark:
Quote:
Wrong. US V Wong Kim Ark.
Which led up to the 14th amendment an the Civil Rights act which says

all persons born in the United States, and not subject to any foreign power,

Obama was indeed a subject of the nation his father lived. He shared dual citizenship until his 18th birthday.

Ever hear of precedence?

Old 12-06-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I can't answer a question where you've shown you fail to understand basic English grammar.
You cant, or you WONT..

dont worry, I know you WONT because it proves you WRONG..

If your country club demanded BOTH parents be a member, there isnt a dam thing you could do about it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies