Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 04:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Homosexuality is about sexual behavior, nothing more. I'm not sold on the attraction thing. I'm sorry, it just doesn't fly with me. We have the ability to choose and modify our behavior at any given time.
So a celibate person is not attracted to a certain sex? That's absurd. I don't care whether you're sold on it. Attraction exists regardless of behavior. Scientific fact.

By your logic, I'm going to assume you don't find men or women attractive.

Quote:
How do I propose gays stop being gay? By returning the word to its old definition of happy and making a different choice in their behaviors.
What behaviors did a gay virgin engage in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
There is no kink in a higher understanding. The only kink comes from those who don't wish to achieve it and think that they can go on doing as they please and nothing will happen to them, if they do.

Cherry picking, that door swings both ways... Divorce, adultery and homosexuality....(what to leave in, what to leave out?)

Consequences do happen, even if not in this life, the spiritual life?, whose to say...no one has come back so that we can ask them.

Go forth and multiply, that couldn't have happened if Adam and Eve were gay. So to think that God would go...it's okay...didn't really mean that...ask Him, He'll tell you. No one has to take another person's word for it, ever.
Adam and Eve are mythological characters, and just because God commanded 2 people in a story to multiply, doesn't mean he meant for every human in existence to.

And I have asked him. For at least 15 years. And the answer I got disagrees with you. So I'm no doubt going to assume you'll claim I didn't get the correct answer, since if I asked him, the only correct response would be the one that agrees with you.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Go to virtually any thread dealing with Islamic attrocities. You'll find the usual crop of Islamic apologists here saying its their culture, or that "Christians did the same thing", while ignoring that they did so a millenia ago. From other postings...I highly doubt they are conservative voters.
Christians did do the same thing, time period is irrelevant. That's not a defense of Islam. I'm liberal, and I can't stand extremist Islam (the only types of it I have seen). I also can't stand extremist Christianity.

Both are abominations and affronts to God. I'm not a defender of either form of religion.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:40 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Our nation has so many problems we need to address... this isn't one of them.
Civil rights issue is important to many of us.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:30 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Adam and Eve are mythological characters, and just because God commanded 2 people in a story to multiply, doesn't mean he meant for every human in existence to.

And I have asked him. For at least 15 years. And the answer I got disagrees with you. So I'm no doubt going to assume you'll claim I didn't get the correct answer, since if I asked him, the only correct response would be the one that agrees with you.
And why do you think that is? He may agree with you.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
So a celibate person is not attracted to a certain sex? That's absurd. I don't care whether you're sold on it. Attraction exists regardless of behavior. Scientific fact.

By your logic, I'm going to assume you don't find men or women attractive.

What behaviors did a gay virgin engage in?
It's sad when people stop believing they have the ability to choose.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
It's sad when people stop believing they have the ability to choose.
Attractions are involuntary. You can't choose who you find attractive.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Attractions are involuntary. You can't choose who you find attractive.
Yes, I can.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Yes, I can.
So every time a person walks by you, you stop, Look them up and down, process what you're looking at, weigh the pros and cons of what parts of them are appealing and which are not, and then make a decision and decide, "Hmm, I think i'm going to find this person attractive, but that person walking behind them I'm going to choose to not find attractive"?

Sorry, not buying it. Someone attractive walks by me, it's an instantaneous chemical reaction, and I either think "Wow, they're hot!, or eh, not that great looking".

Requires absolutely no voluntary thought process for me.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
So every time a person walks by you, you stop, Look them up and down, process what you're looking at, weigh the pros and cons of what parts of them are appealing and which are not, and then make a decision and decide, "Hmm, I think i'm going to find this person attractive, but that person walking behind them I'm going to choose to not find attractive"?

Sorry, not buying it. Someone attractive walks by me, it's an instantaneous chemical reaction, and I either think "Wow, they're hot!, or eh, not that great looking".

Requires absolutely no voluntary thought process for me.
You just voluntarily made that thought process.

PS: and you did it without ever getting to know the person...

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 12-08-2011 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: ps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies