Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 06:11 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
'

You DO realize that you have just admitted to being a bigger dope than originally was suspected don't you?

Birtherism aside.....really dude....how in the hell could you support a do nothing, clueless buffoon who has buried this country in a mountain of debt that it will take YEARS of sacrifice and higher taxes to shovel out from under?? Just what has this clown done to gain your undying love??

Off topic, but it wasn't Obama who put us into this mess. It all started on Bush's watch, and for the 3 years he put us in ruin, its going to take at least 3 presidencies to clean it up. We are only at the beginning of trying to fix this mess. Its going to take another 8 years to recover fully, and that is IF the economies of the other nations don't fully collapse first.

Higher taxes? you can blame bush. We want higher taxes on the rich, but it seems that the GOP will not have that at all.

What is Obama supposed to do against such righteous indignation of the right wing conservatives who rather protect their interest than rather solve the problems of this nation?

Right wing morons introduced several bills about limiting Womens' reproductive rights and downplaying the seriousness in the crime of RAPE in their state assemblies. None of them introduced bills to stimulate job growth or to downsize spending of their own governments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 06:15 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
'

You DO realize that you have just admitted to being a bigger dope than originally was suspected don't you?

Birtherism aside.....really dude....how in the hell could you support a do nothing, clueless buffoon who has buried this country in a mountain of debt that it will take YEARS of sacrifice and higher taxes to shovel out from under?? Just what has this clown done to gain your undying love??
I guess I look at things through a different lens... One a little less partisan.

The debt is highly problematic, but hardly Obama's fault alone. Bush left us with two wars that were not paid for rocketing unemployment and a horrific housing market. The stimulus spending was a necessary step, and according to many economists, prevented out and out depression. I think the stimulus should have been greater and not worse.

In the face of unprecedented non-cooperation from congress which included record numbers of filibusters for good legislation, he still managed to get us moving in the right direction in health care, pass financial reform and put 2 good nominees on the supreme court.

This happened while a vile, racist campaign of birtherisim and flat-out false campaign designed to convince low information voters that he was a communist took place.

My problems were that health care didn't go far enough. DADT should have been repealed sooner, Gay marriage needs out and out support and action and financial reform needed to go further. He backed down and capitulated too easily and should have shown more leadership.

See, what I stated above is a well though out position, backed by actual fact and evidence.

Let's see your justification-- and if you can do it without twisting fact or lying I won't think that you're the actual dope.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
You could ask me a better question. If I had in my hands, hospital records that proved his mom was a patient and even told how the bill was paid, would that satisfy me that he has a right to be our president, or only satisfy me that he was indeed "natural born." You see, I am using the birth certificate because there is not one for him on Oahu. One of the officials there told the truth once he quit his job. I'll use anything we have to try and handcuff this president that is violating our Constitution and proud of his "transformation."

I don't care if he was born here or not, in that he is a Communist and most worthy of handcuffs right now for his Subversion and attack on our constitution.

He was very open about his "Fundamental Transformation" but in the romance of us finally doing a good thing--electing our first, black president most of his voters didn't stop, they couldn't stop and think of what he even meant by "fundamental transformation." I get it! I don't blame them for this since the history of it was so overdue, agreeably so!

Our Constitution IS....our Package of our Fundamentals! OOPS...biggest OOPS of the universe because this is true, and not because I say so but because it is reality.

We elected a black man, thank God! The expressions on the faces on that Inauguration Day were fabulous, priceless!

But! we elected "the wrong black man."
He is a Communist.

He most certainly is not a communist.

What is YOUR definition of communist? How does Obama fit in to it?

Absurd. Just absurd. I can't believe people who believe this drivel aren't cowering in embarrassment.

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
He definitely has lost much of my support-- but for substantive reasons-- unlike the imaginary reasons the rwnj's keep coming up with -- like birtherisim.

He has lost my support because he is not nearly liberal enough.
I was pretty sure that you are one of those far left people who think he should have gone so much further left. I have to feel for you.

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
One of the officials there told the truth once he quit his job.
tim adams. his claim was actually that he heard from an unnamed supervisor that there was no hospital record of obama's birth. he never claimed any direct knowledge. problem with that is neither adams or any of his supervisors had/have any access to hospital records. also none of the supervisors working during adams short stay claim to have made any such comment.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I think this explanation falls in to category 'B' from my original post.
It is not nice to call people names like you just did. According to forum rules you just broke one of them.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I was pretty sure that you are one of those far left people who think he should have gone so much further left. I have to feel for you.
It's not nice to fake compassion for those who disagree with you politically as if they had an ailment, Roy.

For example I have no compassion for conspiracy theorists who don't back up their claims and only believe whatever garbage reinforces their already border-line psychotic political beliefs. I don't feel for them. So please don't feel for me.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Is this plaque nonsense the latest birther mantra?
How many small hospitals do you know of that wouldn't have a plaque about The Won being born hanging somewhere on their walls. I am still not on ignore, am I?

Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many small hospitals do you know of that wouldn't have a plaque.....
do you know for a fact that there are plaques up in the hospitals that gw bush, clinton and carter were born in?

Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
You could ask me a better question. If I had in my hands, hospital records that proved his mom was a patient and even told how the bill was paid, would that satisfy me that he has a right to be our president, or only satisfy me that he was indeed "natural born." You see, I am using the birth certificate because there is not one for him on Oahu. One of the officials there told the truth once he quit his job. I'll use anything we have to try and handcuff this president that is violating our Constitution and proud of his "transformation."

I don't care if he was born here or not, in that he is a Communist and most worthy of handcuffs right now for his Subversion and attack on our constitution.

He was very open about his "Fundamental Transformation" but in the romance of us finally doing a good thing--electing our first, black president most of his voters didn't stop, they couldn't stop and think of what he even meant by "fundamental transformation." I get it! I don't blame them for this since the history of it was so overdue, agreeably so!

Our Constitution IS....our Package of our Fundamentals! OOPS...biggest OOPS of the universe because this is true, and not because I say so but because it is reality.

We elected a black man, thank God! The expressions on the faces on that Inauguration Day were fabulous, priceless!

But! we elected "the wrong black man."
He is a Communist.
Yeah, right. I can't tell you how many times over the years I've read "If we had this, that, the other, THEN we'd believe he was born in the US". Then this, that or the other turns up, and it's not enough. Not buying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies