Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 09:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

Dane -in LA - Excellent point.

IMHO a country and its military should never rely on secrecy. It should be powerful enough to do whatever it wants even if the opposition knows every detail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 09:58 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times
What do you suppose we do about it? Thousands of kids die everyday, and you're worried about equipment.........It's not the end of the world, this is war, stuff is lost.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:59 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Dane -in LA - Excellent point.

IMHO a country and its military should never rely on secrecy. It should be powerful enough to do whatever it wants even if the opposition knows every detail.
That is pure stupidity. Why even out the battlefield. Using your "strategy" we announce when and where a suprise attack will occur. Ask the troops if they want you leading them into battle. You wouldn't last long I'd bet.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:00 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You can feel free to start a thread about those conflicts and I'll give you my opinion there. This is about the drone and stealth chopper going down. Do you have an opinion on that or are you just trying to hijack the thread???
These are complex pieces of equipment and it's a fact that no complex piece of equipment is 100% reliable. Is there any point here other than lame attempts at tossing barbs at Obama and Clinton?

Old 12-07-2011, 10:05 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
The Chinese have been buying us for years. They own the country. What do they care about a helicopter?
Half of Persia moved here in the 70's. Where do all our engineers come from? They just discuss their work with family members. Who needs drones and spys?

Old 12-07-2011, 10:17 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
First we have our new stealth chopper go down in the supposed raid on the bin laden camp and its handed over to china. Now we had a top secret spy drone go down, shot down, computer failure, whatever in Iran who just happens to be buddy buddy with China lately and nobody seems to mind much. This thing was so top secret they never even released photos of it. So now China has our tech in their hands. I'm wondering if Obama is intentionally handing China our military hardware like Clinton did. All for campaign donations. He's gonna need a pile to get back in basically start handing out hundred dollar bills at the polling stations. Old bubba had no problem selling out the US. I doubt Obama does either.
How many times have you been told to not take that tinfoil off your head! Put it back on and you will feel better immediately!

Old 12-07-2011, 10:28 AM

Lets see what the great leaders response is to Iran claiming they shot down one of our birds.............

"The Obama administration is urging US lawmakers to soften proposed sanctions targeting Iran’s central bank, Senator Mark Kirk said on Tuesday.
Kirk, a Republican, is the co-author along with Democratic Senator Robert Menendez of a proposal to penalize foreign financial institutions that do business with Iran’s central bank, the main conduit for its oil revenues.
The Senate approved the proposal last week 100-0 despite lobbying against it by Obama administration officials, who argued that threatening US allies might not be the best way to get cooperation in action against Iran."

'Obama urging US lawmakers to soften Ira... JPost - International

Old 12-07-2011, 10:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
First we have our new stealth chopper go down in the supposed raid on the bin laden camp and its handed over to china. Now we had a top secret spy drone go down, shot down, computer failure, whatever in Iran who just happens to be buddy buddy with China lately and nobody seems to mind much. This thing was so top secret they never even released photos of it. So now China has our tech in their hands. I'm wondering if Obama is intentionally handing China our military hardware like Clinton did. All for campaign donations. He's gonna need a pile to get back in basically start handing out hundred dollar bills at the polling stations. Old bubba had no problem selling out the US. I doubt Obama does either.
Sounds to me like you've just got sour grapes because this president has been far more successful in this nonsensical "War on Terror" than the guy who started it, which is the same guy you voted for twice.

I mean, really....you actually believe that the premise of this thread makes any sense?

Yea, Obama is gonna intentionally hand over our hardware to China. Because ya know....with the 24/7 media asking questions about the type of underwear you have on, they'd NEVER find out the truth.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
KU - Back in'Nam Charlie knew when and where we would be. We won anyway even if we took 30%+ casualties. Theirs were 100%.

'66 & '67 US Navy Riverine Forces, Mekong Delta Area, RSVN.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sounds to me like you've just got sour grapes because this president has been far more successful in this nonsensical "War on Terror" than the guy who started it, which is the same guy you voted for twice.

I mean, really....you actually believe that the premise of this thread makes any sense?

Yea, Obama is gonna intentionally hand over our hardware to China. Because ya know....with the 24/7 media asking questions about the type of underwear you have on, they'd NEVER find out the truth.
I got sour grapes because our president isn't for the best interests of the United States. You on the other hand don't appear to be either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies