Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2011, 02:32 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I've never heard of that for anyone, gay or straight. Nor am I talking about promiscuity. It's unusual for anyone not religiously obligated (priesthood or no sex before marriage or even self-hating gays) to not have had some kind of sexual contact by that age. Also, I really don't think it's difficult meeting people. Beyond the bar/club scene, you have plenty of other avenues including matchmaker sites, singles events, etc. If someone, however, is simply unwilling to get out there and try, that is a different story.
I think it's more unusual for straights than gays. I didn't have my first gay friend until 19. I never met another gay person until 27. Now I work in Musical Theatre where I know about 20 gay people. Also depends on where you live. If you don't live in the major cities, finding gays is not easy.

And once again, straights don't spend their childhood, teens, and maybe 20s trying to figure their sexuality and identity out. Some gays struggle with it more than others. Depends on how much stigma, discrimination, lack of support, etc. they might have to deal with.

Straights are easy. They reach their teens and find the opposite sex attractive with no real confusion. Most end up dating/sleeping around in high school, college at the latest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 02:46 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
The gaggle of gays are still at it

Old 12-10-2011, 02:51 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
The gaggle of gays are still at it
After giving your hand and your [fill in the blank] a rest, I see you're back for more stimulation. LOL

Old 12-10-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
After giving your hand and your [fill in the blank] a rest, I see you're back for more stimulation. LOL
There must be some deep dark secret why you are so fixated about masturbation, I'll bet it's not rooted in your homosexuality though...

Old 12-10-2011, 03:13 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
There must be some deep dark secret why you are so fixated about masturbation, I'll bet it's not rooted in your homosexuality though...
LOL

You might want to go back and count up every post you've ever made in threads related to homosexuality and go back and see how many times I've made a reference of any kind to masturbation and then come back and tell us who is more fixated on what.

Besides, masturbation is not just a "gay" thing.

LMFAO

Old 12-10-2011, 03:23 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Actually one group is interested in civil rights for it's citizens, while the other uses fear and WILLFUL ignorance to rally it's base.
There I fixed it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Rick Perry Says Human Rights for Gays ‘Not in America’s Interests’ - ABC News

This is over-the-top - even for Rick Perry. Just terrible. He says equal rights for gays are a "war on traditional American values".

Maybe he'll get the endorsement of the John Birch Society, but will there be anybody else?
Which tradition?
The 1st century entitled white males worshiping themselves at the expense of all others? Even their maker. This is not original. Keep talking Perry. We WANT you to.

Will there be anyone else? Sadly, there are enough phonies in the pews to choke an elephant disgracing the party of Lincoln and the Church itself for how long now? If only you could see the smirk on the faces of mainline Christians & Jews alike listening to his preacher claim Mormons weren't Christian. What religion was David Koresh & Jim Jones practicing? Prosperity preachers? What are Westboro Baptists and chick tract authors practicing?

Quote:
Christianity Today described Jack Chick as an example of "the world of ordinary, nonlearned evangelicals," for whom "atavistic anti-Catholicism remains as colorful and unmistakable as ever."
In other words, they make excellent object lessons of what human beings should never allow themselves to become. The antithesis of Christian. The real Mccoy have a solid tradition of leading by example & teaching with the voice of reason. Other folks practice hatred in lieu of religion. Willfully bearing false witness, a very straightforward commandment, disqualifies every candidate the GOP has offered up save for Ron Paul. Taking the lords name in vain is another clear sign of manifestly false worship. Megalomaniacs playing God as if they owned their maker, and not the other way around. That would be the nasty King Henry the 8th habit they feel compelled to defend even as Anglicans lead otherwise for centuries. These are not Christians. They are what they accuse all others of being. Can't call them godless when they're worshiping themselves. As it turns out, agnostics and atheists refusing to bear false witness are better Christians in practice than those claiming themselves to be religious.

Atheists have to stretch their imagination a bit. In context of the Bible, look again at social conservatives through the eyes of the 2nd coming of Christ. He'd have nothing but rebuke for them. What would his core grievances confront? Do not misunderstand western civilizations trend of dechurching as atheist gain in market share. Their faith remains where it ever belonged. True conservatives and liberals alike, even secular humanists & agnostics, all stand outside their respective origins for decades when denominations are ill in the hierarchy. Goldwater was right.

Just this morning Michael Feldman announced Perry's campaign theme is "One toke over the line, sweet Jesus". When a Jew can recognize what a Christian is not, atheists can too.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinebar View Post
Besides, masturbation is not just a "gay" thing.
Never said it was....

Old 12-10-2011, 03:32 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If a country kills people for being Jewish or mentally handicapped, should we withhold financial assistance from that country, or should we just look the other way and continue to send it to them?
We shouldn't be giving them any money in the first place. People are killed in countries every day because of political and social beliefs, it's their business not ours, we are NOT the world police.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:36 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I think it's more unusual for straights than gays. I didn't have my first gay friend until 19. I never met another gay person until 27. Now I work in Musical Theatre where I know about 20 gay people. Also depends on where you live. If you don't live in the major cities, finding gays is not easy.

And once again, straights don't spend their childhood, teens, and maybe 20s trying to figure their sexuality and identity out. Some gays struggle with it more than others. Depends on how much stigma, discrimination, lack of support, etc. they might have to deal with.

Straights are easy. They reach their teens and find the opposite sex attractive with no real confusion. Most end up dating/sleeping around in high school, college at the latest.
Meh, I don't think you're being completely fair there. If someone paid me a million to be 14 again I'd refuse it. It's graceless & painful no matter race, creed, gender, or orientation. Heteros are on a good day enigmas, and on a bad day vexing to one another. Emotional intimacy is a challenge to all human beings universally.

I'd agree that it's worse for you inasmuch as entrenched social stigmas, selective attention religious interpretations, and the intrinsic minority status gays throughout the world experience. What was in my generation is something you've been spared. Be grateful for that part as meager as it seems. I (hetero) didn't even know gays existed until I got to college. Teens were too terrified to ever utter it aloud and parents in that era were more likely to outright disown their children over it. What is the likelihood that in a high school class of over 2,000 I never knew a single gay among them? Who were those runaways? Anything like pregnant teens who disappear in the night 'kept' in aunt Sally's attic? When is the right time to inform a child the person they thought was a cousin is really their mother and the entire family has been playing charades for years? Where's the socio-religious stigma against living lies vs owning our lives be it ever so crumble? Odd, isn't it?

Criticism of my own; if Catholics aren't willing to find the inner fortitude to acknowledge gays are children of God, they should assert that 'traditional' habit of disowning in the catechism and fully accept the consequences for their own weakness of mind, character and lack of compassion. It's less damaging to the psyche of gay children than to be berated or medically tormented for years at the hands of their caregivers. I don't blame Anne Rice one iota for her stance. I agree with her even if I refuse to renounce my faith. The middlemen are the problem. Not my faith. Luther knew.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:44 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Like when the Federal Government just decides it's going to run our lives for us instead of leaving these things UP TO THE STATES, (you know, voted on by THE PEOPLE of that state).

Right now, there is no violation of the 14th Amendment because the definition of marriage is between a man and a woman.

As stated, I don't care if they change the word to mean "two consenting adults", whatever. I don't care if gays get married. I DO care when the government, (that means, the federal government, der), makes decisions for all of us instead of allowing us to vote on it.

Using money for "gay rights" in a foreign country IS a waste of OUR money!

Are you going to continue to use strawmen arguments or would you like me to smack them down again because you can't stay on topic?
God help us all.

America stands as a beacon of freedom in a world of darkness. We are not perfect. But a little money to elevate consciousness is a sound investment in my way of thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies