Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 11:09 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Who said that blacks were to blame for the housing collapse?
You really want me to post that stuff again?

A Time for TEAHAD - YouTube

Old 12-07-2011, 11:09 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I've heard tea party supporters claim that the tea party is comprised of former and present Democrats, is this a lie spread by tea party supporters?
never heard that one...but many of the neo-cons are former democrat/liberal southern baptists

Old 12-07-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Perhaps if you stop giving him ammunition it might be harder for him.
So truehe does help my cause

Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

Do you really want me to post this stuff again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
When our president stops acting like a retarded chimp .

Old 12-07-2011, 11:15 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
I've heard tea party supporters claim that the tea party is comprised of former and present Democrats, is this a lie spread by tea party supporters?
The TP is comprised of fiscal conservatives, some of which may identify with the Democratic party on social issues. Ever hear of Blue Dog Democrats?? I'm sure there are some of them in the TP.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:16 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

oh please some idiot

the housing crash was due to clinton and his ""The National Homeownership Strategy: Partners in the American Dream. "", directed by his chief of hud henry cisneros and later andrew cuomo

it had nothing to do with ''black''' but to due with ''''poor''''.....In short, it encouraged mortgage lenders to loosen-up their requirements for those seeking mortgages, thus making home ownership available to those who otherwise wouldn't qualify - in other words, for those who couldn't afford it.

The government, as a result, relaxed requirements for the federal guarantee on those mortgages(fannie/freddie): lowered income to payment ratio, relaxed income verification, reduced (or eliminated) down payments, etc. Mortgage lenders, as ones who issued those government backed loans, were encouraged - or possibly directed - to follow suit. (I say directed to follow suit because those lenders had to follow government rules if they wanted to continue to be able to issue FHA loans.)

Quote:
The National Homeownership Strategy: Partners in the American Dream, is a "..... public-private partnership working to dramatically increase homeownership opportunity in America. Under the directive of President Clinton, the Partnership was formed in 1995 by nearly 60 national organizations that care about homeownership. Today, the Partnership consists of 66 members representing lenders, real estate professionals, home builders, nonprofit housing providers, and federal, state and local governments.

HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo said: "The good news as we mark National Homeownership Week is that homeownership in America is at record levels. But the bad news we face is that many of HUD's homeownership and other programs are under attack by some members of Congress. The success of our homeownership initiatives proves that HUD in combination with local organizations can further our goal of even more homeownership and fulfill our commitment to liberty and equity for all." Andrew cuomo 2000

again not black...but government red tape

Old 12-07-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please some idiot
I've heard many members on here express the same identical views as the guy in the video.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:23 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,678 times
I am definitely convinced that there are some Tea Partiers that are racists, maybe 1 or 2 % at most.

I am certain that about the same % of OWS are anti semites

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-07-2011 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 12-07-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Basically, the OP thinks that if you are white and don't VOTE for Obama, you are a racist. He won't come out and say it, but that's what he thinks.

Just say it!
I think it's threads like the one below that lead him to his conclusions.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post22019343

Old 12-07-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I've heard many members on here express the same identical views as the guy in the video.
They agree with him 100%. Every time I post it very few if any condemn it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies