Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is improtant to get the ball rolling. You gotta get something out there and then others can try to beat it, and then they just keep getting better and better.
Yeah getting the ball rolling on the taxpayer dime is working out so well. I'm sure you support the solyndra and the rest of the green boondoggles too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 01:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yeah getting the ball rolling on the taxpayer dime is working out so well. I'm sure you support the solyndra and the rest of the green boondoggles too.
Sorry, I didn't know you opposed tax cuts/credits.

The ball of hybrid cars is already rolling, and started in Europe and Japan, so you can relax a little. If I remember correctly you and your friend Roy made every argument imaginable to support the auto bailouts when Bush was doing it. It was done, started by Bush and continued by Obama, and millions of jobs were saved (like it or not). Personally I opposed them from day 1, but I don't cry about past events which no one can change.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Your good at recalling incorrect things. If you can provide some evidence of your statement it would be appreciated. Until then I suggest you stop making up accusations you can't back up. Millions of jobs saved? The first thing the did was lay off thousands. LOL

Well Europe is feeling the pinch of their global warming subsidized insanity right now. I hope the ball doesn't continue to roll acorss the pond like this administration wants it to. Learn from others mistakes don't repeat them.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:49 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
You're, not your. As for your request for some evidence of your statement, please feel free to man up and give evidence of your claim that Volts are catching fire in people's garages.

Quote:
Well Europe is feeling the pinch of their global warming subsidized insanity right now. I hope the ball doesn't continue to roll acorss the pond like this administration wants it to. Learn from others mistakes don't repeat them.
The pinch that Europe is feeling has next to nothing to do with their global warming policies. I take it you know as little about that as you do about the automobile industry.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:02 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,342,526 times
Are the Volts mainly being made for GE? I read that they bought / committed to buy some 20,000, 30,000, and some reports up to 50,000 from GM. Without GE is there a market for Volts?

Page 2. Current GE Chairman is Presidents 'Jobs Czar'.

Page 3. As long as Page 2 is true than Volt is a viable product. Fire or not.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:47 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
These people are truly insane and trying to pretend this flammable tin can is in demand, when in fact the few thousand that have been made are sitting on showroom floors at dealerships.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:54 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
The demand is artificial if a tax rebate has to be offered in order to sell them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies