Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 12:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Provide evidence or retract.
You're the main guy on here complaining about diversity. Why don't you answer a question?

.....like, how do we make the country less diverse since that's an issue for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 12:37 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nonsense.

This country is diverse. What are we supposed to do about it?

Tell me then, how do we make the country LESS diverse so as to make you happy? This is the question that no Conservative ever wants to answer.
Not publically, but you should hear some of the crap they have said to me privately, they ASSume I am one of them since I am the same color. Has ended more than one friendship, and I was happy that it did, willfull ignorance and hate are not qualities I find as acceptable, especially with those I thought to be friends.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:39 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Figures. My threads get closed yet ones like this are allowed to keep going

Old 12-07-2011, 12:39 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Please explain. I don't know what that means or where you got that thought.
I mean diversity as a pure ideal, not as a modern political policy. This nation was developed by people who came from various places and wanted to evade economic and political limitations experienced in their home countries. The core concept at its best is that you could come here from anywhere and, if you worked hard, you had a chance to gain success and make something of yourself. And that opens the door for a diversity of people to help create and partake in the success of America, as opposed to living in a largely pre-determined feudal pecking order back in the Old World. Carried to its greatest ideal, it means that people of all race, color, and creed can play a part here. Of couse, history has witnessed many instances where we've fallen short in practice, but that is the ideal expressed clrearly enough in the Constitution. Again this is not to be confused with current liberal political policies around diversity, many of which ironically run contrary to this ideal.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not publically, but you should hear some of the crap they have said to me privately, they ASSume I am one of them since I am the same color. Has ended more than one friendship, and I was happy that it did, willfull ignorance and hate are not qualities I find as acceptable, especially with those I thought to be friends.
Oh no...NEVER publically. I can never get these conservative types to tell me about what they REALLY believe in person.

They come on here and complain about minorities voting for Democrats, but they can't figure out why. Astounding.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
This happens all the time. They always assume all whites think the way they do and they let loose with all their real thoughts. I hear it from friends all the time about what is really said and the real thoughts.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:56 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Nonsense.

This country is diverse. What are we supposed to do about it?

Tell me then, how do we make the country LESS diverse so as to make you happy? This is the question that no Conservative ever wants to answer.

I don't think that is his point at all. I think the topic is diversity as a hiring goal. It has nothing to do with the fact that we are a diverse nation.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
The conservatives on here are mostly white/ christian supremacist who want to deport/ exterminate all non-whites, non-christians etc.

And they wonder why non-whites and others dont vote Republican

And they probably are all rich, fat, lazy, tax dodging hypocrites with twelve toes too.....

Old 12-07-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I mean diversity as a pure ideal, not as a modern political policy. This nation was developed by people who came from various places and wanted to evade economic and political limitations experienced in their home countries. The core concept at its best is that you could come here from anywhere and, if you worked hard, you had a chance to gain success and make something of yourself. And that opens the door for a diversity of people to help create and partake in the success of America, as opposed to living in a largely pre-determined feudal pecking order back in the Old World. Carried to its greatest ideal, it means that people of all race, color, and creed can play a part here. Of couse, history has witnessed many instances where we've fallen short in practice, but that is the ideal expressed clrearly enough in the Constitution. Again this is not to be confused with current liberal political policies around diversity, many of which ironically run contrary to this ideal.

OK, now I understand. I agree that a hugely diverse group of people have formed this country over the first 100 years or more.

I don't agree that diversity was planned. It just happened.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:

They come on here and complain about minorities voting for Democrats, but they can't figure out why. Astounding.

I've never complained about minorities voting for Democrats. And I know why they do. Not a mystery at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies